Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bocaytomas

Reaction score
I was charging my cell phone in the 12v outlet in the center console, and suddenly i go to turn on my Tahoe, it won't START, all the interior lights were on, as if a door was open, and there was a message saying "system charging", I called up AAA and gave me a jump, but there was power, causes of the lights. OnStar worked too, they told us they couldn't fix it over the phone. Should i take it to my dealer or did the Cell Phone suck the life out?

Nfamous60

Reaction score
thats a tuff break chevy as bad choices in batteries for there vehicles if i were to go into a store and leave my hazards on for just a few minutes my truck won't start.. because you left the lights on and had a draw from your cell phone while the truck wasn't on..........yeah you were asking to be stranded lol don't worry leave the truck alone for bout a hour or two and try again.. if not try and get a jump it'll be fine but once on the raod have chevy giv you a new one you probably have a dead cell....i had 2 replacements already

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny, I had left my interior light on twice for 10 hours and she fired right up at first crank. And yes I still have the stock battery in her.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bocay, replace the battery, it's going to let you down at the wrong time.

Nfamous, Were you drunk when you wrote that? :yesnod:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 turns the interior lites off after about 20 minutes. If yours are staying on for ten hours, something is wrong.

My OEM battery didn't even make to the 36 mo warranty. First time for that.

kakytahoe

Reaction score
I had this happen my dealer said its a frequent problem. They replaced the battery.

bocaytomas

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your help, I was going to have the dealer check it out, but hopefully they'll just replace the battery. Once again thanks for all your help;)