Draining fuel tank 2007 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowwrench

Reaction score
IS there a way to siphon gas out of the tank of a 2007 Yukon XL? Must be an anti theft device about a foot down the filler? ANy advice appreciated.
KEith

jeep450

Reaction score
If you have a fuel pressure gauge you can jump the fuel pump relay and let the fuel pump drain it out. Why are you draining the tank?

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you tried to siphon it and it didn't work? Cool--I guess I don't have to buy a locking gas cap then!

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a drill if you'd like me to help, or if you have a neighbor with a 2007 Yukon XL who needs a little help.:D No need to thank me, I'm here to help...

Seriously though, if you need to drain the whole tank, you generally need to open the fuel line and pump it, fuel pump it, or siphon it- I don't know if having the fuel pump off makes the line closed though. And I don't believe there is a simple drain plug. I would probably ask the dealership service department what their recommended method is and go from there.

But if you're stealing gas the plastic tanks seem to respond well to drill bits.:p