Driving 07 Tahoe from Dallas, TX to Fargo, ND....what should I test for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am driving 1000+ miles. I was going to test gas mileage on highway driving, but want to know what else I could do on this extremely long and boring drive.

Any sane ideas?

PHXdesertTahoe

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you have navigation or not, but if you do you could give it a good workout on the trip.

Last edited:

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is factory navigation. I guess that is one thing I didn't think to do....I do need to find a motel to stay over one night after 8 hrs driving or so.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try to set a record. put a brick on the peddle and go. thats usually a sane thing for me to do. of course, the west va police did not like me goint 94 around the mountains at 3 p.m. in the afternoon. :D

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
um try not to fall asleep, it'll be pretty comfortable. :) congrats

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tire vibration. the ride should be pretty smooth.

also check to see how smoothly it shifts while using the cruise control.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
count and see how long you can hold v-4 mode while in cruise control, then keep it on instant miles (same screen has the v-4 v-8 mode) and see what your highest miles are.

o yea, ever done a drag race that started at 70 mph. their kinda fun. dodges put up a good fight, but with a ford, your almost always gaurenteed to win.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jack off while crossing the state border.....this way you can tell everyone you jacked a batch in 2 states at the same time. :) :)

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously?

I though I was one of the few, I just drove to Killdeer, ND from Houston. I stopped in York, Nebraska. Then made to Killdeer the next day around seven. It was about a 24 hour drive. My gas mileage went up by a whole mile (I had been driving in downtown H-town for a week or so)! It was pretty cool if you like wildlife....took lots of pics of pheasant, deer, turkey (makes me wanna hunt). I also got to use my 4wd for the first time. Otherwise, it's a boring drive, lots of farms. But I don't know what's in E ND. I am up here in W ND. I am going to stop at Mt Rushmore (only adds an hour to my drive). Have fun and change your oil!:thumbsup:

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one more thing...

If you're gonna use AZSCTACO's idea, use a sock or something!:D

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd test the skills of each local PD, and note the differences. Oh, you mean on the truck?
Make sure the alignment and suspension are straight and smooth.
Test the function of all systems and controls.
Monitor all temps, pressures, mpg, etc.
Check for any unusual noises.
Make sure it starts strong after a hot run, and after the lights were on.
Then bust a nut while evading the local PD.