Efi Or Tpi

ENGINE SWAP PREFERENCE

• ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low94

Reaction score
how everybody doing i am going too be doing a engine transplant on my 94 tahoe which is tbi at the moment with 200 000 mile on still going. i have 2 options which one would be better first off getting a gm crate motor and installing the edelbrock efi set up on it instead of the tbi which involves little less work as far as wireing or should i go with a TPI motor harness and computer
let me know your thought and opinions they will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You mentioned 94 Z28, which uses the LT1 motor. Different computer and harness than a tpi set-up. Tpi was only available in 85-92 Z28/trans am/formulas and 85-91 'vettes.
With the Edelbrock EFI system, you may be able to get a little more usable upper rpms out of it than you will from a tpi set up. The runner length on the tpi systems run out of breath around 4500-5000 rpms, even with a capable cam. The good thing about stock tpi system is that you have a nice flat torque curve starting deep in the low rpm band.
If you're looking at a 94 Z, then you're inquiring about the LT1. This a good system also and is capable of more power in the upper rpms than a stock tpi system. But a lot of factors come into play, such as head design and cam profile. Just all depends on what you're looking to get out of it, i.e. low end power for off roading, steetability manners, high rpm capabilities for racing/street performance, etc.