Escalade LED 3rd brake light question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdflores503

Reaction score
I just got an 05' LT Tahoe last week(killer deal 20K miles for only 15,500). I wanted to know if the Escalade 3rd brake light and housing would bolt right on? Also where I can get it from. The Caddy dealer wants $500!!!

Thanks!!

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not really an expert on this because I have barn doors, but I think you have to replace the entire glass to do that. Someone else might be able to chime in on this one. You might want to try Ebay or GM Parts Direct. Many times, GM PD has diagrams you can look at.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea you have to replace pretty much the whole door glass and all, but there are a couple companies that make a escalade brake light that will fit tahoes and yukon and you don't have to replace teh door.

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the glass on my Tahoe when I installed the high mount light. Some folks on the suvworld.com mounted the light (using adhesive tape) w/out changing the glass. Unfortunately, the site is down so you won't be able to read the discussion. I questioned it myself but was told otherwise.

rdflores503

Reaction score
^^^^I kind of wanted to do the actual GM parts switch. Where did you get the parts?

chrias

Reaction score
Just swap out the whole glass. It's a lot easier than you think. When my friend wrote off his Escalade I swapped the rear glass, brakelight and pillar covers from my Suburban and I took his. Took less than 30 mins to do everything.

rdflores503

Reaction score
I noticed that my glass is different than a lot of Tahoes. Here is a picture it looks like I may not need to switch the glass.

tahoewindow.jpg

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the glass on my Tahoe when I installed the high mount light. Some folks on the suvworld.com mounted the light (using adhesive tape) w/out changing the glass. Unfortunately, the site is down so you won't be able to read the discussion. I questioned it myself but was told otherwise.

can you post pics of your hoe with the high mount light. I have been thinking of doing this mod, but want to see what it looks like

stephendudra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Conclusion on this issue

Was there ever a conclusion on this question?

I have the availability of an Escalade 3rd brake light and would love to swap it out. However, I will not swap the entire glass as I have just replaced my rear glass after a hinge failure that I am sure a lot of us have experienced. I got the rear glass that has the bolts through the glass instead of being glued on.

If someone has ever taken the light off of the Escalade and mounted on the Yukon/tahoe/burb then please let me know!

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that my glass is different than a lot of Tahoes. Here is a picture it looks like I may not need to switch the glass.

tahoewindow.jpg

That glass came out on 06 Kons and Hoes. I have one of those waiting to get the top trim painted to match as well as my vent covers that were filled smooth.

stephendudra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmm

So are you saying that I SHOULD be able to pull the 3rd brake light off the escalade and put on my Yukon?

I already have the pillar pieces and the roof rack on there. The best thing is that both vehicles are the same color!

Let me kno!! :ktoe: