finally fixing my clank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I'm taking the hoe to my mechanic on saturday to fix my amazingly annoying ding/clank/rattle/i have no clue what it is or how to describe it. im starting to believe its the drivers side CV axle. with that said, does anyone know where i could get one and how much it would run me? or even the proper name? lol.
thanks

fyremanpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check your shocks first. I had that problem and could not figure it out. Then it turns out it was just the shock was loose...tightened it up and it was good as new. If that doesnt fix it then check all the bushings, sway bar, control arm, etc....then it could be ball joint, tie rod or pitman. Is the steering loose? Does it only happen when you turn a certain way?

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it used to to it under 5mph, and it would just make a clanky noise. i went to check the 4wd, and if i would put it in 4x4 n take it out, it would go away. then it started doing it more and more. not its almost a constant thing. if i put it in 4WD, it makes the same clank, but 10x's louder and with almost a squeak to it.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally some good news. it is the U joint on the front driveshaft. but with me being so busy this weekend i opted to take it to a shop to have it done because i just dont have the time. plus 120 to replace both U joints on the shaft didnt seem like too high of a price. its cheap enough that i'll let someone else have fun rather than do it myself. lol. nonetheless, im happy to have the hoe back to her normal self. :yesnod: