First Tahoe!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrew83

Reaction score
Hey guys I finally bought the truck of my dreams. Bought a 98 LT 4x4 with a 9 inch lift and 36'' boggers. The thing is beautiful!! Only complaint I have is the steering is somewhat loose, would a sway bar or something of that nature tighten it up?? Please let me know, also I got the vehicle with 101K for 5500 :):). :umn:

t.ebentheuer

Reaction score
A sway bar would help your vehicle corner with less body roll. You probably have worn out steering components, such as tie rod ends, pitman arm, or steering gear.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id put money on the idler and pitman arms (had to beef mine up when it was lifted) and probably the steering servo at the bottom of the shaft. its a common problem.

andrew83

Reaction score
Thanks, you guys are awesome, I'll definitley pick up the pittman arms this weekend, and check the tie rods while I'm down there. (i dont have a jack at the moment big enough to allow me to take my tires off) :). I'll let ya know how it goes. Thanks again.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hear you on the floor jack. mine sports some nice 4x4 posts on it to pick up my hoe :)