Front Speaker Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtb562

Reaction score
what is the easiest way to install front speakers on a 2002 Tahoe? 6 1/2 inch stock speakers. Not sure if the entire door panel has to be removed. step by step instructions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You have to remove the entire door panel. The mirror access trim (triangular trim in the corner) unclips, the trim around the door handle unclips, and the trim around the manual lock switch unclips. Pull up on the power lock/window switch panel; it unclips as well. Unplug the harnesses. You'll have a 7mm screw behind the power switch panel trim, one underneath the corner of the door pull/armrest, and another behind the manual lock switch. Once you have these parts removed, you have to pull up on the door panel. After you get the door panel off, you'll have to unclip the bulb from the door light, unclip the tweeter harness, as well as the heated seat switch harness if equipped.
Sorry I don't have any pics to show you more in detail. If I remember, I'll try to snap a few tomorrow for you.

oneclu

Reaction score
i think tomorrow has gone by 85 times..........