going from an awd sedan to a tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07chris

Reaction score
Ive been wanting the new body tahoe for quite sometime. I was thinking of maybe trading in my 2005 audi a4. Anyone convert from a car to the tahoe how was the change? I understand a lot of you have a car on the side but for those of you with your tahoe as your only car how do you enjoy it? also power wise?

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from a 2006 Subaru STI to a 2007 Denali XL more out of necessity than choice. It's the only vehicle our family has. I like how flat it stays in the curves considering it's size. Obviously, you can't hide the weight so you definitely reach the limits of grip more quickly, but the 380 hp can surprise a lot drivers and I'm impressed with what kind of vehicles I can keep up with. I definitely like the comfort and utility

Since you're considering a Tahoe, you won't have the same engine, but the smaller size might be advantageous. I really do think however that the 3rd row is for temporary use only and if you want cargo space, you may want to take the 3rd row out completely.

bocaytomas

Reaction score
If you want a a bigger engine, ask your dealer if they have a 6.2L rather than the 5.3 I have a 5.3 08 Tahoe and i would have wished i could have gotten an 09 with 6.2. there is a HUGE difference between both engines, specially because the 6.2 is actually de-tuned to have 380, rather than it full potential of 400 HP like the Esky

RubyZ

Reaction score
I traded a 2005 BMW 545i for a 2008 z71 Tahoe. Power, performance, luxury; the BMW had it all, but what it didn't have was the capability to go off-road, tow a boat, seat 7, cargo room, and all the other typical truck stuff. So i guess the question is, would i trade the BMW for the Tahoe all over again? Absolutely! At this time a Tahoe is more practical than a 545i, you just have to decide if a Tahoe is more practical than your a4. However, when i start feeling all "suburban and domesticated" i take out the M6 just to set things straight.

07chris

Reaction score
Thanks very much with the replies. Im hoping very soon i will be driving a new tahoe.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded a 2005 BMW 545i for a 2008 z71 Tahoe. Power, performance, luxury; the BMW had it all, but what it didn't have was the capability to go off-road, tow a boat, seat 7, cargo room, and all the other typical truck stuff. So i guess the question is, would i trade the BMW for the Tahoe all over again? Absolutely! At this time a Tahoe is more practical than a 545i, you just have to decide if a Tahoe is more practical than your a4. However, when i start feeling all "suburban and domesticated" i take out the M6 just to set things straight.

Yeah, I keep it real by taking out my 87 4Runner! :gy: I don't want to get too spoiled!! :smilielol: And btw, the M6 just does NOT exist without pictures!!!! (has to be one of my favorite cars and I'd love to see yours!)

RubyZ

Reaction score
And btw, the M6 just does NOT exist without pictures!!!! (has to be one of my favorite cars and I'd love to see yours!)

LOL! Here you go...
P106205.jpg
P106204.jpg

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hybrid has the 6.0 and is significantly quicker than the 5.3

the hybrid is actully quite quick as it has the bigger 6.0 (not as powerful as the 400hp 6.2) But still bigger than than the 5.3, It also has the electric motors to give it even more power.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW Chris07. I think the perfect vehicle for you is an 09 denali yukon (not xl) AWD, 400 hp engine, 6 speed, and tons of bells and whistles and its the vehicle you need. JMO.