Got me some new Tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krunchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so it is a fuse problem and a big problem i am popping fuses like pez

hrmmm, how did you hook them up. What pugs into where? Cus it looks like the running lights u put in the middle, and they need to be at the top.
they are on the top reverse lights are bottom

Last edited:

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so it is a fuse problem and a big problem i am popping fuses like pez

they are on the top reverse lights are bottom

sorry I was away from my comp I had to do something for someone when you im'd me. If'd your popin fuses then you have them hook'd up wrong.

krunchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i was having wireless internet problems it kept cutting out

if you look at the plugs there is only one way to hook them up the top cord on the lights has 2 metal stripes and grey bulb holder has 2 contacts for those stripes the middle cord has 4 stripes and the white bulb holder has 4 contacts for those stripes so i'm pretty sure i have it right and that is how it is hooked up on the passenger side and it works perfect on that side its just the drivers side that wont work because it pops fuses i have some time today i'm going to have a closer look

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's a night shot:

2424374494_6d561052e5.jpg

2423545343_b274caca8a.jpg

i know this is an old post, bu ti have the same tails for my hoe. how your top set of lights are lit, mine dont light up like that, they only come on with my turn signal, and the lower white part the bulb is always on. the middle section of leds never come on.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wire it up like Boost's diagram.

With the way you wired them up, your middle section does come on..when you put the truck into reverse.

cool ill fix it when my girl gets back with my truck. i dont see why they just didnt make it hook up the same. i guess thats my fault.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool ill fix it when my girl gets back with my truck. i dont see why they just didnt make it hook up the same. i guess thats my fault.

Yeah, you should get that fixed. If your reverse lights are on all the time like you mentioned, you're sure to attract some unwanted attention from the cops.

I had an old ass Bonneville a few years ago that I messed around with, and cleared out the rear tail lights. The thing had like 8 big incandescent bulbs in each side - tons of bulbs. I was planning to do an all-LED conversion eventually, but for the time being I just put red plastic covers over the rear bulbs so they'd light up red and be legal.

Well, before I ended up getting the LEDs I deployed to the sandbox, and parked my car in the TDY lot at my base. When I got home, little did I know but the sun shining down on those plastic bulb covers for months on end completely bleached the color out of them, so they lit up white. I found out a week later when I was driving to the grocery store at 2am to get my wife (who was pregnant at the time) some ice cream. I got lit up like a christmas tree...and for some reason the locals felt it was necessary to send three cars to interrogate me about my taillights. Effing small towners with nothing better to do... :rolleyes2:

importmd

Reaction score
i had some sweet black L.E.D tails on mine this last summer and had nothing but trouble with them. they didnt fit that great(had a large gap between the hatch and tail light) running lights stopped working, and LE.D's started burning out all with in the first few days.