Got my Mobile One

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ray in Kingwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5-30 at Wallyworld and an oil filter M1-113 at NAPA

Man this oil filter is SMALL

about have the size of a can of soda!

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5-30 at Wallyworld and an oil filter M1-113 at NAPA

Man this oil filter is SMALL

about have the size of a can of soda!

Yep it is very small... the Corvette uses the same size filter as the Tahoe but it doesn't have the check value in the filter so I have to buy two different filters... :iq:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep it is very small... the Corvette uses the same size filter as the Tahoe but it doesn't have the check value in the filter so I have to buy two different filters... :iq:

does your 04 vette have a dry sump like our 07?? im not much of a corvette person, other than i think their cool. but i know that if we used anything other than mobile one fully synthetic we would void the warrenty due to the dry sump oil system.

do they need an oil filter since they circulate i wonder?? :eek:

Ray in Kingwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its got around 1800 miles......

on her now......I may wait till around 2000 to change.

I read some where that putting the tow haul mode on in city driving can cause the shift points going higher and allowing v4 mode more often yielding better mileage.

Fact or fiction? dunno.....but I will try.

Mileage is my only bitch but I never expect econcar mileage in an SUV

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does your 04 vette have a dry sump like our 07?? im not much of a corvette person, other than i think their cool. but i know that if we used anything other than mobile one fully synthetic we would void the warrenty due to the dry sump oil system.

Only the LS7 has a dry sump.

If the filter doesn't have a bypass valve, then what happens if it clogs? Starve the engine for oil? :eek:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No the LS1 does not have the dry sump system however GM does require you to use synthetic oil in the LS1. Synthetic oil (Mobil 1) has been reqired in the Corvette since the C4 Corvette era (1984 to 1996) We had a 1996 for several years that I put in Car Shows. Then the CE Corvette come along in 04 and I had to have one. :thumbsup:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on her now......I may wait till around 2000 to change.

I read some where that putting the tow haul mode on in city driving can cause the shift points going higher and allowing v4 mode more often yielding better mileage.

Fact or fiction? dunno.....but I will try.

Mileage is my only bitch but I never expect econcar mileage in an SUV

I heard the opposite. Driving in tow hual mode with no trailer provides no benefits

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tow mode at speeds below about 50 keeps it from going into OD and therefore operates at slightly higher rpm which allows the engine to sense less load and allow it to stay in V4 mode longer, even on slight upgrades. I've tried it both ways and going uphill in V4 mode will yield better mpg than V8 on the same grade. Unfortunately you can't just put it in Drive to do this since it won't go into V4 mode then. Not sure why.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what would be cool is if you could control when it went in to v4 mode. like you know your crusing just hit the button and done, when you think you need the power, press the button again, and have the option to go to automatic mode too.

that would be a nice feature.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or better yet would be when on cruise to have it stay in V4 until it needed to downshift and then go to V8 instead. :yesnod: I don't think the algorithm that they used is aggressive enuf. :confused2: :nonod: Not sure why it couldn't be a little more aggressive, ie stay in V4 longer. I did hear that it will drop out after ten minutes in V4 to equalize the temperatures. I never found a downhill grade that long. :rolleyes2: