head light questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so im getting my HID's next week, does anyone know how to disable the auto-on on the 03-up? and also i "upgraded" to xenon and i noticed one beam is higher then the other, what do you do to fix this?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't got back to you yet on the auto disable. I have the schematics for the 00-02, but 03 up are somewhat different. I will check on it while at work today. As far as adjusting the lights, there are two adjusting screws on top of the headlight housing. One moves the housing left/right, the other up/down. I don't remember which is which, but they are easily adjusted. If you don't see them, I'll try to post pics when I get home to point them out.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The only thing I can come up with for disabling the autolights on the 03-up is splicing in a 1.5K ohm resistor across the leads that go to the sensor on the dash. Try this and let me know how this works. You'll have to cut the two leads to the sensor and run the resistor in series with the two leads, completely bypassing the sensor.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you put this in laymans terms?:rolleyes: and like step by step im a simple man will this involve pulling the dash?

Last edited:

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and as far as the resistor can i pick this up at an autoparts store?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You can pick up the resistor at Radio Shack.
You'll want to put the resistor in-line with the two wires going to the photoresistor on the dash. Remove the instrument cluster trim so you can access the radio and remove it. You should be able to reach into the opening to the sensor near the base of the windshield and unplug the sensor. There should be two wires on the plug. Strip back enough insulation on each wire so that you can attach the ends of the resistor to each wire.
This is the only thing I can come up with so far for the 03-06 models. I can't promise that this will work, but even if it doesn't, you don't have to worry about messing up anything electrical. You won't harm anything. The resistor sends a certain value to the computer, which the sensor already does. You just have to send the computer the right resistance to keep the Auto-feature off. Try this and let me know how it goes.