Help! Need Advice on Radio for 1999 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gray1402

Reaction score
Hi ALL,

I just purchased a 1999 Chevy Tahoe and it has had the original radio removed and an Alpine Radio installed It was apparently installed without any filters so when you give it the vehicle gas you can hear a whine in the background and the radio stations really don't come in as clear as they should. They also left the CD player in the vehicle and bypassed it so it doesn't work.

I really want to change it because I guess I have become a little spoiled on my other car that has Bluetooth, hands free phone and MP3 access (Sync).

What I would like is a radio that has or will do basically the same thing Bluetooth, MP3 access, CD, Am/FM and just a descent sound. I am not looking for something that is overly loud and booming.

In reality, I would like basically something like the original radio that has bluetooth, handsfree phone(capable of connecting to my phone and playing sound through the radio) , and mp3 playing capabilities and etc as mentioned above.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I wouldn't mind a radio that has similar dimensions to the original radio and could even go for something that has Navigation (sorry, dreaming there lol)... no just the capabilities above, and with all the new tech surely someone knows what would be good, great, and not overly expensive. Thanks for any and all help!

Kunihiro

Reaction score
Well,

I don't believe the 1999 Tahoe will support a double din radio.

When I had my 2002 Suburban, I had a single din Pioneer with bluetooth, CD, AM/FM and MP3 playback. It was pretty good, I was able to hook up my Apple iTouch with a USB cable directly to the USB port on the radio. It allowed me to change music and stuff with the remote.

You can get a decent "single din" radio that has bluetooth, CD and will support MP3 playback. And if you have the extra money, you can buy a single din that utilizes a slide out screen that can be expanded to support navigation.

Here's a link to a company in Santa Clarita, CA called Sonic Electronics. With most radio purchases, they include the wiring harness and adapter kit (face plate) to support the radio.

You can plug in your vehicle information and it will search for the proper radio and fit.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32827_Pioneer-AVH-P6300BT.html

hope this helps.

Allen

ccapehart1017

Reaction score
there is a double din conversion it basically replaces that whole piece that comes off the front of the dash