How to confirm official LT package type?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
Is there anything in the VIN code that confirms which type of LT package was factory installed? My new Tahoe is suppose to be an LT3 and it definitely has all of the upgrade options, but I know that the Nav and Rear entertainment system were aftermarket add-ons by the dealership and I was wondering how to confirm my Tahoe is indeed an LT3.

teemgreen99

Reaction score
The dealership can look up your VIN and tell you exactly what package you have and what add ons or upgrades were put on your vehicle. As far as any old joe blow just looking at it i dont believe you can tell

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6:30 pm. I just emailed you two pages on your truck. Hope that answers any questions you might have.
Ned

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the tag in your glove box with all the factory options. it has all the codes on it. orange i think

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
Thanks Ned! I got them and everything looks great.

It's nice to have the full dealer invoice.

dallas_tahoe

Reaction score
This is going to sound like the dumbest question ever, but I gotta ask it. I have had an 08 Tahoe LT3 for about a month now. I have never owned a Chevy before. My cars are typically German. I have an 06 SL500 that I drive on the weekends.

Anyway, I want to know what the difference is with the different classes, i.e. LT, LT2, LT3, LTZ, etc. If someone in the know wouldn't mind giving me an education I would appreciate it. Or if it's been posted before please point me in that direction, because I can't find it.

Thanks!