How to identify if I have NavTraffic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bearing01

Reaction score
Hi All,
2012 Tahoe LTZ

My vehicle description says I have navTraffic and xm weather options, as per my dealership and SiriusXM. When I press the (i) button the screen says something like xm weather subscription not enabled. The weather screen where temperature, dewpoint, etc.. numbers would be are all blank. I tried to enable both the NavTraffic and xm weather through SiriusXm but neither work for me. It still says xm weather subscription not enabled and I see nothing related to NavTraffic on my navigation screen or menu options or warnings that I don't have a subscription.

How can I tell if I have NavTraffic? Could someone who has NavTraffic please tell me what they see on their screen, menu or subscription wise?

At first SiriusXM said they could not give me a weather subscription because my radio profile did not have XM Weather feature and that it only had NavTraffic. I asked them to enable NavTraffic but I could not see it on my unit after several refresh signals (there was no change). I do not see any traffic related items in the Nav menu. I brought by vehicle in for servicing and told them to update my profile to show SiriusXM that I had xm weather feature. I then asked Sirius to subscribe me to XM weather and they did. After several refresh signals the weather feature still said I did not have a subscription and didn't work.

Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks,
John