How to stop low beams from flashing with remote starter???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yang1815

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a remote starter installed (Viper 160XV) on my 05 Tahoe. When it's started by the remote and I lock/unlock the doors, it would flash the headlights a few times. I've tried messing with the settings via steering wheel control but nothing stops it. Can anyone help me to make it so it doesn't do that? Thank you very much in advance!

P.S. The reason I don't want it to flash is because I've got HIDs in the low beam and don't want them to be flashed.

Chasmanian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the light output from the alarm is hooked to the headlights instead of the parking lights.

Yang1815

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Just for the record, I'm posting this for people who want to disable this during lock/unlock while vehicle's started. Thanks!!!

From OmarR at Z71 Forum:

Your installer should take the blue status output of the Viper alarm and wire it to a relay.

The relay should interrupt the pink/white wire at the BCM C4 (Gray Connector), location A4.

This will interrupt power to the headlamps only during remote start and no other time.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not quite the same but not far away: Is it a good idea to dis-engage the flashing of the lights when the alarm goes off if you have HID's? Not that the alarm has ever been triggered on my car, but...

Yang1815

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not quite the same but not far away: Is it a good idea to dis-engage the flashing of the lights when the alarm goes off if you have HID's? Not that the alarm has ever been triggered on my car, but...

I would think so.

Any fast on-off for HIDs is bad.