I know it has been covered before....where to run power wire for an amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Conduit. I run mine under also. You ever seen the wires under your truck? Whats the difference? Power wire has a thicker jacket anyway by far.

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
I ended up running mine down the front quarter panel.....though to the fron door hinge....I then cut a whole in the jacket the hoses the wire that goes from the truck into the drivers side door and ran it though there into the cab of the vehicle. Worked great and wasn't too difficult. I need to take the hole up with some electrical tape and I will be set.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up running mine down the front quarter panel.....though to the fron door hinge....I then cut a whole in the jacket the hoses the wire that goes from the truck into the drivers side door and ran it though there into the cab of the vehicle. Worked great and wasn't too difficult. I need to take the hole up with some electrical tape and I will be set.

Its in there!...lol

What setup are you going with?

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
Its in there!...lol

What setup are you going with?

Finally coming together.....I got wire, connectors, and Battery Terminals coming from Knu today for the Big 3. I need to go get a new battery with top posts in the next few days. I have a List of things to go get from Lowes/WalMart/AutoZone to get this install underway.

My setup is as Follows...
HU: Alpine CDA-9815 (oldie but goodie)(damn V-drive internal amp....got to run new power wire)
Comps : PG RSD 6.5's (in deadened front doors)(crossovers in the doors)
Rear speakers: Stock
Sub: Arc Audio Arc 12D2 (1.25 cubes sealed with some polyfil)
Amp: Autotek MM100.4 (100x2 to the comps 300x1 to the Sub)

I think that covers everything.....this is an extremely cheap setup that should sound nice.

Scott

g60swappedgti

Reaction score
i always run 0 gauge so its to thick to run inside the vehicle. like wrenchguy said the jackey is pretty thick, ive never had a problem.