I Lost her today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, im just gunna say it blew up. all the more reason for me to go get a super duty.

Sorry to hear about your tranny, but sounds like you've got the necessary replacement for heavy duty towing in the pipeline.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow dude that really blows! that makes me very weary about doing anything besides driving my tahoe to and from work. good luck with getting the warranty to cover it all, hope that all works out with out any issues!!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, RT. Good luck getting everything taken care of.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, RT. Good luck getting everything taken care of.

they gotta order a tranny so its gunna be a bit. they offered me a loaner and i asked what im getting and they said an aveo . said i already got another car to drive just give me a ride home:lol:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I beat the hell out of my 4l60s and the 4l65 in my denali is smooth as butter. The issue with these transmissions is the lack of planetaries and the abundance of aluminum casting which is common to fail over time or heavy loads (or lack of lubrication). I'd take a 2500 suburban with a 6.0 any day, the 4L80 will hold way more power then these crappy little aluminum 60s. Built trans will set you back $2k or so plus a converter, there is a company now producing a stronger planetary gearset for the 4L60E/4L65E:

PATC has developed a 6-pinion planet gear set for 700R4 / 4L60E transmissions. This will be the biggest thing in 700R4 advancements in years. These will have a 2.66 to 1 first gear, 1.55 to 1 second gear, 1 to 1 third gear and .64 to 1 overdrive ratio.

This is a 36% overdrive making this one of the best overdrive ratios around. The 1st to 2nd RPM drop between gears would be slightly less than the RPM drop on a 200-4R transmission. This is what people have been asking for, for years. These will work on any 4L60E type transmission without a gear ratio error code, if the PCM is modified. This gear set is used to reduce torque multiplication / rotating speed in the transmission in first gear. This improves track applications that overpower the rear tires upon launch. This is common with numerically high final drive ratios. (IE 3.06). Now you will have a choice between the wide ratio or the new close ratio gear sets.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how is the 480LE for towing? they said if i covered the difference (like 750) they would modify it to stick a 480LE in.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet, 4L80s are awesome trannies. if the need ever arises, i would put one in my truck. I hear the only difference is the outer dimensions are larger, which could cause some install problems if you're looking for something to bolt up and fit w/ little to no modification to the floor.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fvck yeah jump on that 4L80 swap, way better first gear especially with your 4.10s. You will have to modify the front trans crossmember and do some wiring but it is a fairly easy swap and worth more than $750 if you plan on keeping the truck. The 80 will tow better and is way stronger than even a modded 60.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fvck yeah jump on that 4L80 swap, way better first gear especially with your 4.10s. You will have to modify the front trans crossmember and do some wiring but it is a fairly easy swap and worth more than $750 if you plan on keeping the truck. The 80 will tow better and is way stronger than even a modded 60.

im gunna do that then. my warrenty is covering the brute cost. of a 460LE but they said for (ball park) 750 that would upgrade and they would make the modifications required. i plan on never selling this thing so its worth it to me.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I GOT THE KON BACK TODAY :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

couldnt do teh 4L80E though. it would void my extended warrenty according to the installer. so i just had them beef up the 4L60E, i watched them every step ( i would spend hours there) im glad i did as i cought them do many little things wrong. but she is runnin stronger than ever. time to go rip some more trees out. :lol: