If you could buy just ONE performance mod..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you could buy just ONE performance mod for you Tahoe/Denali... What would it be and why?

Lets not put a price cap on this one, but how much are you going to pay for your mod?

Performance Mods only please... no body work

bunkleman21

Reaction score
I think I would put a turbo kit on. Mostly because it would be kinda different (I know it has been done) and they can make some serious power.

Oh, and the kits are about $3500-$5000

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Whipple supercharger. Turbos are good power adders, but I'd rather install a s/c than a turbo because I can't stand having to wait those couple seconds for the boost to buildup. You can get a good s/c kit with everything you need for about $5500.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the raceing model 572 720 hp chevrolet engine.

about 14,500 for the engine, noter 15-20k for install. :smilielol:

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the raceing model 572 720 hp chevrolet engine.

about 14,500 for the engine, noter 15-20k for install. :smilielol:

I like where your heads at!!! taking it to the top level, good work on keepin it in the Bow-Tie family too!:D

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't own a Tahoe yet but the 1st thing I would add is a performance exhaust...:D
LOVE a truck with a sweet-sounding exhaust tone!!!

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supercharger definatly. But that's alot more than just one part when you think about it.

So really if it was just one part then it would have to be exhaust because that was the first thing I did to this truck. I could never live without it. I drove 200 miles today on the interstate and loved every bit of that roar when passing people.

deadringer

Reaction score
If price was no object - I agree, it would be a supercharger.... if we're trying to go for bang-for-buck I'd say an ECM program... removing the torque management made my truck behave like a completely different vehicle...

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple supercharger. Turbos are good power adders, but I'd rather install a s/c than a turbo because I can't stand having to wait those couple seconds for the boost to buildup. You can get a good s/c kit with everything you need for about $5500.

I would say :DTURBO:D, wouldn't want to have that EXTRA Drag on the motor

deadringer

Reaction score
I would say :DTURBO:D, wouldn't want to have that EXTRA Drag on the motor

I know that the lag on turbos have gotten better recently, but having instant power with the supercharger is very satisfying in stop-and-go traffic. :)

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
True, there's the fact of parasitic drag from a s/c. But the cool thing is, with new effecient designs and bypass valves, most s/c now will only use about 1 horsepower or so to run.

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels/Tires. Ours has the OEM 16" wheels that are great for ride and getting through snow and dirt. But it would be nice to have another set for the other 3 seasons and sharpen up the handling a little. Nothing crazy - 18" gives a few interesting summer tire options. I like nice wheels/tires - wouldn't object to spending $2200 for the whole package at all.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone already said it, but if there is no limit on money or grandeur, then definitely a the GM Performance ZZ572 crate engine. $14,000 not including shipping and handling, then another $15,000 - $20,000 to install it and get the vehicle to run it reliably.

Boy, imagine a 1995-1999 body style Tahoe running a 572. That would be so incredibly unique and absurdly awesome. Maybe once I finish college and (hopefully) become wealthy.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My one performance mod just arrived!! Its Radix time!!

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My one performance mod just arrived!! Its Radix time!!

I know, I am super jealous:shhh:! Especially since we have the same model truck... when you are all done with that you have to post your wheel HP on that beast... and than a few weeks later, post your MPG HAHAHA

Have fun, cant wait to see pics

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know, I am super jealous:shhh:! Especially since we have the same model truck... when you are all done with that you have to post your wheel HP on that beast... and than a few weeks later, post your MPG HAHAHA

Have fun, cant wait to see pics

I thought I got a lot of power out of the cam and header swap....this thing should move like a raped ape soon :smilielol:. I think we will finally get her up on a dyno and maybe to the track once all is said and done. :cool2:

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, anything?

I would slap a Vette running gear under my 2WD Yukon, the ultimate sleeper :D