illuminated mirror light under side mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmie48

Reaction score
I have a burnt out bulb under the mirror where it illuminates the drivers side when unlocking....anyone know how to replace those...I took the little white cover off but cant get the bulb out...anyone else have this????

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this is an 07, you can pry the whole assembly out from under the mirror. You will see a little area for a screwdriver on one side only and unplug from the harness. Then you can rotate the base of the bulb assembly from the white case portion (1/4 turn CCW I think) and it will come out where you can put in a 168 or 194 bulb.

The plastic lenses is glued on to the white casing. You do not have to pry the lens away if you do the above...

WHEELMAN322

Reaction score
I changed mine to a superwhite LED. They give nice bright light on the ground under the drivers door....handy at night if you drop anything.:thumbsup:

jsted2

Reaction score
Are these lights supposed to also come on when you shut the vehicle off when it's dark and stay on until the headlights go off?

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, they only come on when you unlock as you approach the vehicle at night. Of course they can be enabled/disabled via the DIC.

It's too bad there isn't a DIC setting to kill the headlights only (and leave puddles on) during approach as I just put HIDs on and so I have no lit approach.

People are saying this mode is bad for HID's. But you know you turn the key on at night, there is an instance of the HID's coming on, then off, then on for a split second as you turn the start key. Seems to me that is just as bad for the HIDs.