Installing Drop Coils?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some leveling drop coils and will be installing them this weekend. Anyone have any install tips or installation instructions? They came without instructions.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Jack up the rear of the truck. Properly secure the front wheels with chocks and place jackstands underneath the rear. Place a jack underneath the center of the rear diff. Use a block of wood or something simlar to help cushion the diff. You're going to use the jack to support the rear once you unbolt the shocks.
After unbolting the shocks, you can lower the rearend with the jack. Lower it just enough so you have room to remove the springs. When you re-install the rear springs, re-use the rubber isolators from the original spring pockets. Lift the rear back into to place and re-install the shocks.

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks JK, Your always a big help and Sounds simple. I'm going to give a shot Friday.

Idahoe

Reaction score
Heres a pic of mine with new coil springs, they are 2" shorter than stock, I dont have any before pics but it looks 100% better, mine had quite a rake to it when it was stock. I dont know what brand they are I took it somewhere and had it done.

Attachments

• 1024-2.jpg
    1024-2.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 4

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I installed the springs. It was very easy, but I'm not happy with the results. They dropped the rear 3" and now the front sits about an inch higher than the rear. How much can I lower the front with the stock keys and still have room within alignment specs?

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to decrank the stock keys almost 2", 1/2tons seem to sag quite a bit and mine were about 1/2" from being maxed out stock.