Just got a magnaflow...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and saw nearly a 2.5mpg increase over my last fuel tank.

Anyone else noticed this big of a difference after going with an aftermarket exhaust??

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You going by hand calculations or DIC? Variance in driving?

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hand calculations....DIC is showing nearly 3mpg increase.

My driving style is exactly the same as before.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Quite possible that you are having gains by allowing more air flow out the tailend, 2.5MPG is surprising! Either way great!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn thats crazy! I picked up about 1mpg but your stock muffler could have been gnarly restrictive.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AWSOME!!!!

need to change mine. I want more rumble. I want people to know im coming when im 3 miles away. LOL. Yet i dont want a drone. hard to find I know, i know.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With mine I ONLY got about 1-1/2 mpg increase I know that when i ck the onboard computer i reset the mpg on the highway so I looked like alot more originaly i though it was like 5 mpg but after about one mos it settled in and I only noticed about 1 1/2 mpg increase

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With mine I ONLY got about 1-1/2 mpg increase I know that when i ck the onboard computer i reset the mpg on the highway so I looked like alot more originaly i though it was like 5 mpg but after about one mos it settled in and I only noticed about 1 1/2 mpg increase

I can barely decifer what you're trying to say, but I think your saying that according to your DIC you saw 5mpg increase but by hand you calculated a 1.5 mpg increase?

Either way, that doesn't affect me. I am not using DIC calculations to determine mpg.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can barely decifer what you're trying to say, but I think your saying that according to your DIC you saw 5mpg increase but by hand you calculated a 1.5 mpg increase?

Either way, that doesn't affect me. I am not using DIC calculations to determine mpg.

With mine I ONLY got about 1-1/2 mpg increase. I know that when I check the onboard computer I reset the mpg on the highway. So it lookes like alot more. Originally I thought it was like 5 mpg but after about one month it settled in, I only noticed about 1 1/2 mpg increase overall

Their. I decoded it for you (as best i could) :smilielol:

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is your new exhaust loud inside your truck?

I want something quiet on the inside but a deep rumble out, wishful thinking right? haha

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man thats quite an increase... your old muffler must have been clogged something fierce...