just picked up a 99 tahoe 2 door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keithhernadez

Reaction score
from my cousin today and i noticed that there is no washer fluid coming out..i can hear it engage and everything but i took off the cover by the windshield to find that the lines are dry as heck...idk how to access the pump or replace it...i tried taking off the washer tank but i have no idea how to...i tried taking off the bolts to the tank and the resivoir but now im at a loss...anyone can help me out here...

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are the hoses connected?

are there any breaks in the hoses going from the washer pump to the sprayers?

does is have enough fluid in it?

keithhernadez

Reaction score
ive taken off that water run off and nothing was wrong the hoses were fine all the way to the plastic housing....they are dry as hell it doesnt seem like its been working for awhile...ive taken off the second battery housing..its filled to the brim and more and when i push on the tank it sucks in and goes down but thats all it does nothing else...

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anything pissing out the bottom of the engine area when you run the washer spray pump? sounds like something is so dried up and crusty that its blocking the flow... kinda like my arteries HAHAHAHA... man. I got nuthin'.

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try taking hoses off of the spray nozzles and then try the pump, if it pumps out fluid, the nozzles are clogged, if so leave the hoses off and blow backwards into each nozzle with compressed air, reatach hoses and try it. let us know how you make out.