Just Purchased These For My 98 Chevy Tahoe =-)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought these on Ebay.. Before anyone hates on me or anything. I contacted a few vendors on this site to see if they could get them or not and they responded with no sorry.. So I just bought them and cant wait to get them and put them on..

The tails that came with my truck are like 75% covered in grey primer so I dont think that they are working very well..

$(KGrHqJ,!r!E-ZUiTK-hBPtC2w5Khw~~60_58.JPG

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Be sure to load pics when you get them installed and let us know how they fit, etc...

Thanks I will make sure to do that. Im so excited this is the first real thing that I have purchased for the truck. All of the other money I have put into it over the last few months have all gone into getting it to pass smog or repairing things etc on it..

So this is my first item that I have bought for the truck..Well minus the K&N drop in filter but the truck had NO intake at all on the truck when I purchased it so that was needed this is more for fun.. ha..

But I will post pictures up of the lights when they get here and also post pictures of the lights on the truck right now and then again with the lights that I just purchased..

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tails For My Tahoe

Okay I bought them yesterday they where shipped this afternoon then going off the tracking number I should have them tomorrow.. The bad news is no one will be home tomorrow.. Im unsure if they will leave them at my door or will come back the following day when someone will be here.. I will post up pictures of the lights on my truck by Sunday? Hoping for sooner but it depends on if they leave them on my door or if I have to go and pick them up from Fedex or if they just come back the next day with them?

:happy160:

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bulbs

still waiting for those lights HEADLIGHTBULBS!!!!

If you can please email me directly regarding the status of your bulbs instead of posting it on here I would greatly appreciate it..

[email protected]

I believe that you are posting regarding the FREE bulbs that I was advertising on this site..

Well here are the peoples names that where chosen from the different forums that I promoted this deal on.

Peter Tarach
Dave Wyre
Scott Fehlner
Daniel Gutierrez
Katie Wilson
Anibal Ayala

If for any reason you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email ME directly..

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can please email me directly regarding the status of your bulbs instead of posting it on here I would greatly appreciate it..

[email protected]

I believe that you are posting regarding the FREE bulbs that I was advertising on this site..

Well here are the peoples names that where chosen from the different forums that I promoted this deal on.

Peter Tarach
Dave Wyre
Scott Fehlner
Daniel Gutierrez
Katie Wilson
Anibal Ayala

If for any reason you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email ME directly..

no i meant that if u have those taillights yet i would like to see some pics of how they came out because i might buy some!!!!

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe Tails

Im sorry I have been swamped with business stuff that I have not had a chance to upload the pictures to a server to post on this site.. I have them on my Iphone and also on my camera.. They came out looking really good the fitment is okay.. Im all around really happy with my purchase.. I would recommend them to anyone.

If anyone wants to host the pictures I will be more then happy to email them directly to them to post up in this thread.. If not I will do it in the next few days and update this thread with pictures..

Im probably going to be ordering these in the next few days as a fathers day present to me.. ha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMOKED-92-98-CHEVY-TAHOE-SUBURBAN-BLAZER-HEADLIGHTS-CORNER-BUMPER-SIGNAL-LAMPS-/320917616704?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1998%7CMake%3AChevrolet%7CModel%3ATahoe&hash=item4ab82e3840&vxp=mtr

hd-jh-cck88-sm-set__1.jpg

If any sponsors on this site see this thread and can get these for the same price or cheaper please let me know.. I would much rather support a tahoeforum sponsor over another company but I WILL be buying these asap..

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviews

Still no pics of the install?

I didnt up buying the front end "as of yet" I did purchase and install the tails.. They look amazing.. I couldnt be happier with them. I also purchased a pretty cool speaker box.. I should be installing that today or tomorrow? I have been running 2 JL 12" subs and then I purchaed this really cool looking and by viewing the you tube videos it sounds like I will be really happy with my purchase..

The speaker box took a little longer to get here then they claimed when ordering it but I eventually got it so im happy. I havent taken it out of the box as of yet.. "waiting for the install for that" they where horrible when it came to responding to my emails..

I ordered some Monster speaker wire and had that on my door 2 days later... So there customer service was amazing.. They responded to all of my emails basically right away.

I have had pictures on my camera of the tails for a few weeks but I have been swamped with business stuff so I have been unable to upload them onto the net to be able to post them on this site..

Depending on my day I will try to sign up for a photobucket account and load the picture up of both the tails and after I get the new box installed I will load those picture up as well.

Last Saturday I also went to my local muffler shop and had a Flowmaster muffler installed and then had the piping dumped down at a slight angle towards the ground to give it that extra sound.

StangBanger

Reaction score
I hear ya. I just bought a 95 4door 4x4 Tahoe and I'm definatley getting new lights in the rear and I'm unsure about the headlights. I know I want hids but I'm not sure if I should just go with clean clears or blacked out headlights like your picture above.

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
98 Chevy Tahoe

Yea I would wait until you decide what style or look you are going for.. I personally like the more blacked out look.. I have the smoked tails.. I was planning on buying the headlights turns grill etc but then I decided to purchase a new speaker box and wiring etc... I also just put a flowmaster exhaust on then put the pipe dumped towards the ground.

This is what im looking to purchase next:

CVCK-94BLB.jpg

hd-jh-cck88-sm-set_1.jpg

I bought these a few weeks ago.. They look amazing I couldnt be happier..

$(KGrHqJ,!r!E-ZUiTK-hBPtC2w5Khw~~60_58.JPG

StangBanger

Reaction score
I like those tails..how much if you don't mind me asking? Why don't you just paint your current grill? Ive been thinking of just murdering out the Tahoe but not black...more like a flat gun metal color. With either dark headlights or clear altezza style headlights with tails like the ones you pictured above.. HIDs in headlights.

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe

I like those tails..how much if you don't mind me asking? Why don't you just paint your current grill? Ive been thinking of just murdering out the Tahoe but not black...more like a flat gun metal color. With either dark headlights or clear altezza style headlights with tails like the ones you pictured above.. HIDs in headlights.

Sorry I posted this under the new member section a couple of days ago:

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=526078

I bought the truck about 2 months ago..I spent over $500 trying to get it to pass smog.. Then I got a flat tire after my roofers left a nail in my driveway.. The list goes on and on.. So i finally started collecting a little bit of extra money to do some upgrades.

About a month ago I bought the two 12" JL audios to get by until I got what I really want.. Then last weekend I went out and purchased a much larger box which I LOVE.... I also bought some larger speaker wire..

I did a basic K&N drop in filter into the new OEM intake systam I bought.. When i bought the truck there was NO intake what so ever on it.. So i bought an OEM intake sytem then I bought the K&N drop in filter..

In the last 2 weeks I did the tails, exhaust, new box, re-ran the speaker wires to larger gauge wire..

I have personally brought 2 vehicles to SEMA one to CES I used to show another truck 4-8 times a month with an 88 chevy siverado body dropped laying doors on the ground.. So im just getting started on this Tahoe..

:peace:

Im still thinking about what Im going to do to my truck next. Im thinking about upgrading all of the 6 1/2 speakers in the cab?

I also bought the cable last night so I can plug my IPhone into my head unit in my truck and listen to Pandora on it..

:waytogo:

I know that the truck is currently nothing to look at but give it some time and it will get there..

I hope that everyone is happy that I finally posted up a couple pictures of my truck.. So they will leave that subject alone now.. HA..

Oh and the tails ran me $78 Shipped.. One of the bulbs blew out about 1 week after installing them I put a new bulb in and they are working great.

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Purchased

Alright well I know I havent been on here in a little while but I have been working like crazy a man.

my wife got a ticket in the tahoe the other day for tint so I have to go get that taken off so I can get get the ticket taken care of. I asked a SWAT officer that his daughter goes to dance with my daughter and he said that the a**hole of a cop made it so a cop cant sign it off that I have to actually drive down to the court house which is like a 45 minute drive to get the ticket taken care of..

I just got the following products in the mail the other day:
1 AutoLoc Remote Keyless Entry,
4 AutoLoc Door Poopers,
4 AutoLoc Heavy Duty Solenoids,
4 Keep It Clean Relay Socket 12",
4 Keep It Clean 40 Amp Relay,
1 AutoLoc Deluxe Keyed Emergency Latch Release System.

1 Deluxe Inline Car Antenna Radio Am & FM Signal Amp Amplifier Booster..

So im waiting for my fabricator to have an opening so he can shave all four door handles off install the Auto Loc kit, Install the emergency release kit, Shave my radio antenna off put it in the dash and then hook the inline signal booster up to see if that will help out with reception.

A friend of mine had the same body style tahoe as mine and my buddy built a full custom frame for it to do a stock floor body drop but then he traded his tahoe for harley. So im going to see if my friend still has the frame at the shop and if he does im going to ask him to do a stock floor body drop on my truck and put the air bags on it at the same time..

I was also thinking about doing the escalade front end conversion on my tahoe but A lot of people have done it so I was thinking about converting my 1998 Chevy Tahoe to a 2007-2012 Chevy Tahoe front end? I saw it done on a Silverado same style as my tahoe..

Thoughts?

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased These For My 98 Tahoe ;-)

I like that grill a lot. I was originally going to not go as extreme as im now thinking about going.

I was originally going to paint the truck matte black do the same grill that you have but instead of chrome I was going to do the black ones black headlights etc..

But now I think I want to the 2007-2012 Chevy Tahoe front end..

This is my 3rd truck this body style. "not Tahoes but silverados"

I had a 1988 Chevy Silverado body dropped laying the door on the ground..

I also had a 1998 Chevy Silverado bagged on 22's with a crawl through with 4 12" subs etc.

I had a pretty insane Scion XB bagged fully shaved rear doors welded completely shut took the back seat out did a full custom fiberglass box with 8 12" subs full custom stainess steel amp rack on the roof..

Etc..

I brought the 98 silverado and the scion XB to SEMA..

So this is not my first rodeo when it comes to custom vehicles.

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bagged Hoe

How low does your tahoe sit fully aired out?

Will you link me to your build thread please?

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HeadLights

Im debating on doing the conversion to this tahoe front end.

07-12 Chevy Suburban Tahoe Pickup Truck Headlights

$T2eC16VHJHIE9nyseF5YBR!(KPh3dg~~60_57.JPG

I want to do something different to help stand out from some of the others.

So im thinking about doing the 2007-2012 front end conversion?