Keyed........... Again....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TaHeezy4Sheezy

Reaction score
Went to the movies with the lady..... Came out to find some punk kids keyed my ride...Not too bad, but noticible.. Wrote some gangster jibberish with there fingers on the windows also...

I would have went to jail if I walked out on those little 16 17 year old punk kids doing that...

You cant have anything nice these days!!!

Oh well straight to the paint shop I go again :mad2:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Man, sorry to hear that. It's hard to have anything nice these days with kids staying out later and later looking for stuff to vandalize.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude that sucks. here are are great areas and bad areas, if im going to a bad area i take my clunker car, if its a nice area i take my nice truck. but its sad that you have to be that careful these days.

here kids under 18 can not be out after midnight by LAW, enless its an emergency or if your on a rescue squad, or with a parent. but there is less stupid crimes because of it, and if your caught you get the book.

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it sucks these days man. even if you have a junk car, like i had with an 84 ford f150, it got keyed on the mirror at the movies! i walked out and couldn't believe it! you can't even own a POS these days without someone messing with it.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An ongoing testament to the degradation of our society. I mean the most simple values, like respect and common courtesy, seem to get lost more and more every day.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take my truck to the worst areas here without any problems.
I had an old car of mine get keyed in one of the richest and best areas around here. It can happen anywhere.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry it happened to you. I agree it can happen anywhere. However, if I know the mall will be full of teenages with trousers to their knees, not buying anything, and hanging in groups in the evening....I don't go to the mall theater then. I figure there's a chance that, under those circumstances, they will need to demonstrate their bravery, prowess, physical superiority, and toughness by finding a nice ride, making certain it is empty, making certain that no one is around, and then showing their buddies they can vandalize it and run away.

shawnyk

Reaction score
TaHeezy 24" wheels

TaHeezy-

You have a great looking Tahoe. Are you running 24's? What size tires and any rubbing issues or overhang. I am purchasing a 2008 and want to add 24's but am afraid of rubbing issues. Don't want any overhang either. Like a nice clean look. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few questions:

1. How much does it cost to repair something like this? (just want to know some prices, I know this will vary from location to location)

2. What really is the charge if they are caught as the cost of repair determines the degree of charge....I hope it is a substantial misdemeanor for something like this if they are caught.

Sorry to hear that this happened....I hope I don't catch anyone doing this as I "carry" (not to worry, I control myself very well)

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My car got keyed a couple years ago, it was a deep gouge about 1.5ft long. The repair cost $300. Fortunately I had a $100 comprehensive deductible, so that's all it cost me. I was 99% sure I knew who did it as I had a guys car towed out of my spot about a week before (after warning him twice not to park there). But there's no way I could ever prove it, so I just moved when my lease was up. ;)

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you ever know who the person that keyed your car is, you should just key his face :)

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the sad news. It is a bad feeling, when someone does somthing to your ride, especially scratching or door dings. I Hope you can get it fixed, as good as new.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sucks bro.. you need to develope some security system that when your car's "tamper" alarm goes off, the doors pop and your pissed off <breed> dog comes out to eat.

but you cannot have anything nice, the third day i had my hoe, someone broke off my side view mirror -- and the way i was parked, it was not due to someone side swiping my car with their vehicle.. it was an act of vandalism.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My car got keyed a couple years ago, it was a deep gouge about 1.5ft long. The repair cost $300. Fortunately I had a $100 comprehensive deductible, so that's all it cost me. I was 99% sure I knew who did it as I had a guys car towed out of my spot about a week before (after warning him twice not to park there). But there's no way I could ever prove it, so I just moved when my lease was up. ;)

But now that you've moved, you can always go back and visit you're old pals though, right? RIGHT? :nunu:

This kind of crap pisses me off big time. Our government fails us by not solving problems like this, instead we get "maintenance" action that merely keeps things somewhat "contained". I think we should send them some place where there are no nice things, like a 3rd world country, or maybe even- hmmm... JAIL? There's a thought. Freakin social parasites.:mad2:

Challenger:Denali

Reaction score
Went to the movies with the lady..... Came out to find some punk kids keyed my ride...Not too bad, but noticible.. Wrote some gangster jibberish with there fingers on the windows also...

I would have went to jail if I walked out on those little 16 17 year old punk kids doing that...

You cant have anything nice these days!!!

Oh well straight to the paint shop I go again :mad2:

Im sorry that this happened to you but what makes u assume they were 16, 17

stkr

Reaction score
Didn't they cane a kid in Singapore for vandalizing cars? Just a thought