Loan interest rate on an 08....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here finance an 08 Tahoe LTZ for 60 months ? If so what interest rate did ya get and from what financial institution ?
Best I'm seeing now is 6.3% . The 05 Pontiac I bought in Oct. of '05 had 4.94%. Just want to see if dealer is trying to hose me.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to secure a much lower interest rate for a brand new vehicle. I just bought a 97 Tahoe last month, and my interest rate is 6.39%. My guess is that you can find lower than that if you shop around.

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do Finance @ a dealership in CA. Capitol One has some good rates, as low as 5.99% for 60 months. Other than incentive rates from GMAC, credit unions would be the lowest. With auto pay & direct deposit discounts, you can get maybe 5.75% through a credit union. :thumbsup:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do Finance @ a dealership in CA. Capitol One has some good rates, as low as 5.99% for 60 months. Other than incentive rates from GMAC, credit unions would be the lowest. With auto pay & direct deposit discounts, you can get maybe 5.75% through a credit union. :thumbsup:

I agree, I got around 5.9% on my Tahoe using my Credit Union a few months back. Rates have changed over the last few years I got 2.7% on my 04 Corvette when we bought it new in 04.. Wish that rate was still around :eek:

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - GMAC is coming out with 0% financing for 60 months for 07's (not sure on 08's) starting September 24th. Not known to the public yet... :)

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SWEET! I've been waiting for that info (0% apr). Just curious, how do you know this?

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SWEET! I've been waiting for that info (0% apr). Just curious, how do you know this?

I just bought an 07 Friday and since I know the owner of the dealer ...they are sitting on my paperwork till the 24th for the 0%....:clapping:

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting for the 0% to trade in the 07 Yukon XL for a XL Denali.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks people......Capitol One offered 6.35 which is still higher than dealer. I'll keep looking.

tommyg

Reaction score
Keep in mind it may be a "Regional" thing....don't know for sure.

can you tell us what region you're in? My wife and i have been trying decide between an '07/08 denali and waiting to see the new Sequoia (which I can get a preffered supplier discount on through my company).

If we can get the Denali with 0% financing, that would pretty much tip the scales for us...

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you tell us what region you're in? My wife and i have been trying decide between an '07/08 denali and waiting to see the new Sequoia (which I can get a preffered supplier discount on through my company).

If we can get the Denali with 0% financing, that would pretty much tip the scales for us...

I'm located in AZ.....

tommyg

Reaction score
I'm in CA, would happily drive to AZ for 0%. Please do let us know when it is officially announced if it's not national.

Would your dealer buddy offer a great deal for others?

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in CA, would happily drive to AZ for 0%. Please do let us know when it is officially announced if it's not national.

Would your dealer buddy offer a great deal for others?

The 0% would determined by your credit but as for the price I am sure he'll do invoice all day long for a Tahoe. Is that a good deal compared to other dealers in CA????? You'll loose the $2000 rebate if you do the 0% financing but it will be less over the 60 month term.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey another thing to consider if your buying in AZ and registering in CA.....I don't think you pay sales tax.....but i may be mistaken. If so....that would be a huge savings. I remember people doing that back in the day when i was in the car business.

tommyg

Reaction score
No issues on getting approved at the lowest possible rate, the wife and i both have impeccable credit.

Unfortunately, CA DMV is onto the trick.

If your buddy is willing to sell at invoice, I may be interested to do it if it's a regional deal...

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess we'll find out on the 24th......It will be a painless process.....just pick out the Tahoe you want....he'll show you the invoice and you'll be on your way.

I'll try and find out before the 24th but if not.....I'll post near that date when the paperwork gets completed.

tommyg

Reaction score
found out some unexpected news today...announcement that my company is being acquired. Not sure how comfortable the wife is going to be making a purchase like this w/o knowing the future job situation, but it's hard to pass up on opportunity like 0%, much fewer and farther between these days...

CobraKai

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that AZ and CA are both in GM's Western Region, so if they are getting 0% out there, we most likely will get it in CA as well. Which is what I've been hoping for - I've been holding off on pulling the trigger on an 07 LT3 to see if the incentives would get better, and it looks like they might.

I talked a dealer contact that I have and he said that GM is announcing "something" tomorrow (9/21) but that he did not know what. The timing seems to fit in with what AZSC said.

Let's cross our fingers and hope...