Lost my keys!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozy

Reaction score
What's up everybody!!!

I lost a set of keys with 08 Tahoe keys on them. Anyone have an idea as to how much a copy of a key would cost for an 08 Tahoe. I know I can get one from the dealer but is there anywhere else that copies keys. i'm pretty sure Home Depot doesn't do them or do they? I just need the key. I bought a new fob on ebay. Any help would be great!

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they have a chip in it down here in florida we have an Ace hardware where they coppied my keys they just have to order the key in and its 60 dollars per key but idk maby just check around

Mozy

Reaction score
Thanks eDUB75!!!! I just ordered one. Was it diffcult to program?

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I haven't received mine yet. The funny thing is I actually ordered mine last night right before I posted the link on here for you. Shouldn't be tough though, they claim to have easy instructions to program it.

Just note it states that you MUST have one working key to prograam it.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an extra set from ebay. Key and Keyfob. Easy to program, just follow the owners manual. Local dealer cut the key for free also.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea if you bought your truck from the dealer, go threaten not to come back if he don't give you a free key. i suspect you'll get one