My newest modification...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just thought I would share my newest modification with the forum.

Nothing dramatic, I just upgraded the plastic window switch trim panel to the wooden window switch trim panel out of a 1999 GMC Yukon Denali. Just a little upgrade and now the wood on the door trim matches the wood on the GMC Yukon Denali center console I have installed as well.

The following are photographs of this modification;

Before;
647274_179_full.jpg

After;
647274_180_full.jpg

What do you guys think?

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought somebody would ask about that. I disconnected it and tried to hear any audible difference with it missing and was unable to detect a difference. Therefore, when I removed the original plastic trim, I simply disconnected the tweeter as well.

I may or may not relocate a tweeter to the the point on the door where the A-pillar meets the dash to compensate for the loss of the original door tweeters, but only if I can make an aesthetically pleasing solution. For me, I prefer an aesthetically pleasing appearance, so the matching wood trim on the doors was more important than the addition of an audibly unnoticable tweeter.

tudor

Reaction score
Looks great, do you have a pic of the wood on the center console ? Thanks

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I like the wood touch! Where did you find those if you don't mind?

I don't mind at all. These pieces were an OEM part of the interior in the 1999,2000 GMC Yukon Denali and 1999, 2000 Cadillac Escalade. Therefore you can find them at any salvage yard or online auto parts recycler. I purchased these online from an Ebay seller named "lkqonline." Check out their Ebay store, they often have a wide assortment of Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon/Cadillac Escalade parts. They are an auto parts recycler, so everything they sell is OEM as well!

Looks great, do you have a pic of the wood on the center console ? Thanks

Sure, here are a couple pictures of my GMC Yukon Denali center console.

647274_182_full.jpg

647274_181_full.jpg

So does it all come together nicely?

tudor

Reaction score
Thank you for the pictures....gives me more ideas for my 96 Hoe.........

Kevs98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the center dude, im about to start looking for one but my interior is Paul Bunyan's ox blue so I think Ill need to paint it.

Attachments

• my interior.jpg
    my interior.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 9

yuhoe96

Reaction score
where can i find a console like that i have been looking for a while ? does it swap out with no mods?

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where can i find a console like that i have been looking for a while ? does it swap out with no mods?

The console in my vehicle was an OEM part removed from a GMT 400 (1999, 2000) GMC Yukon Denali. The same console was also available in the same model years Cadillac Escalade. The particular console that I have was purchased from a local Ebay seller, so I lucked out and was able to inspect it prior to purchase as well as avoid shipping costs. The GMC Yukon Denali console was manufactured in either grey or tan, and the Escalade console was manufactured in a light beige color and has Cadillac printed on the wood as well. In order to find one, it is just a matter of finding one of these vehicles that is being parted out.

Because the console is manufactured by GM, and the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade shares the same GMT 400 platform, it bolts right up to the existing mounting points of the vehicle floor. Although there is an additional bracket in the front of the console where the console mounts in the original vehicle, it sits securely in the vehicle without having to bolt that part in. I didn't want to drill an uneccessary hole in my vehicle, so I did not bolt down the front of the console and it sits securely in the vehicle nonetheless.

The improved center console has been one of the best upgrades to my vehicle to date, much more aesthetically pleasing than the previous console and the two additional cupholders add increased functionality as well. I would recommend this modification to any GMT 400 Tahoe/Yukon owners!

Hopefully this answers your questions? Take care!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so this is a stupid question, but do the 99-00 escalades and denali's have the pull out cup holder in the dash along with the cup holders in that console? if not whats in its spot?

i hate the one in the dash, have to get a big cup everywhere i go so it won't fall out of the darn thing. i'll have to keep my eye out for one of those consoles as it just turned in to a "must have" item. haha

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the GMT 400 GMC Yukon Denali and Cadillac Escalade have the pull out cupholder in the dash as well. It's the same vehicle as the Tahoe/Yukon, just dressed up a bit more.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the GMT 400 GMC Yukon Denali and Cadillac Escalade have the pull out cupholder in the dash as well. It's the same vehicle as the Tahoe/Yukon, just dressed up a bit more.

i knew they were the same base, but of the few i looked at before i bought my tahoe, i never looked at the cup holder, didn't know if it just had a plug of some sort in it or if it was still there.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would LOVE to get my hands on one of those denali/escalade console elements... but I have a manual 4WD shifter in the way of where it would go, so I really can't.

D: