Nav in 07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TaHeezy4Sheezy

Reaction score
I just got a 07 Tahoe Lt private party. I wanted to add navigation because it just has the factory cd player. Should I try to find a OEM 07 tahoe navigation on ebay and replace it with that or should I go aftermarket.

If anybody has any experience with this or knows where I can get a good deal on an oem nav, that would be great . Thanks!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had heard a nasty rumor that the 07's were VIN-locked. There was a dude around here selling NAV/DVD units w/ a nav disc copy for real cheap, but I can't remember who it was. I'd be real careful though, and find out the answer to the VIN-locked question. Supposedly the wiring harness is already there though...

TaHeezy4Sheezy

Reaction score
Hmmm thanks for the heads up!! I might just go with a aftermarket and try out the steering wheel remote interface by pac.

Do I have to go single din flip out or can I fit a nice double din if I remove the factory cd player/radio?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's double-DIN but JKmotorsports or gm_geek would really be the guy(s) you need to ask...

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a 07 Tahoe Lt private party. I wanted to add navigation because it just has the factory cd player. Should I try to find a OEM 07 tahoe navigation on ebay and replace it with that or should I go aftermarket.

If anybody has any experience with this or knows where I can get a good deal on an oem nav, that would be great . Thanks!

Yeah I would def go with a good after market nav,they are so much better than factory navs especially american cars,the Japaneese cars are better on the factory nav systems.I have a Kenwood 7'' screen and they use Garmin software it is so user friendly,I also have factory nav in an 07 Jeep SRT-8 and they dont even compare they actually look 10 years apart,I would of went with aftermarket if I knew it was that crappy.Plus the Kenwood has backup camera,DVD,CD,Sirius or XM,BlueTooth,and my favorite is its compatible with I-pod video,all the ipod controls work through the touch screen,I have the 80g ipod with 2000+ songs,20 music videos and 10 full movies with tons of gigs left no more cd's,dvd's just plug in the ipod and hide it and thats it.So what im trying to say is if you go with the factory nav your options are limited.Good luck!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Hmmm thanks for the heads up!! I might just go with a aftermarket and try out the steering wheel remote interface by pac.

Do I have to go single din flip out or can I fit a nice double din if I remove the factory cd player/radio?

You can easily fit a double din unit. And like Whipple said in the above reply, an aftermarket unit would be much nicer. The factory GM units processing speed is a bit slower compared to aftermarket units such as Kenwood and the Pioneer units. And it also lacks the ability to re-route a new destination on-the-fly.

Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it also lacks the ability to re-route on-the-fly.

Um, I know this wasn't the original question on the thread, but my 2004 and 2007 both factory units can re-route on the fly if I deviate from the route they tell me (if that's what you meant). They automatically search a new route and provide new directions when I get far enough off of the original course. BUT, if you mean intentionally adding a "waypoint" off the original course or something like that, then no, I'm not sure you can do that...

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Um, I know this wasn't the original question on the thread, but my 2004 and 2007 both factory units can re-route on the fly if I deviate from the route they tell me (if that's what you meant). They automatically search a new route and provide new directions when I get far enough off of the original course. BUT, if you mean intentionally adding a "waypoint" off the original course or something like that, then no, I'm not sure you can do that...

Sorry. What I meant was that you can not re-route to a different locale while driving, in other words, enter a new destination. They do all re-route in case you go off course though like you said. I should go back and clarify my previous post. Thanks for bringing it to my attn.:)

Last edited:

TaHeezy4Sheezy

Reaction score
Thank you for the help guys!! I think I am going aftermarket. I pretty sure Im going to go with the kenwood double din or pioneer double dinn.. Throw 2 sets of jl component speakers with a 400/4 jl amp. Should sounds pretty good!!