New mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkcam

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting dual exhaust on my 98 4 door tahoe. Right now it has stock exhaust. I might get 2 flowmaster 40 series delta flow mufflers and some piping followed by some 3.5" slash cut tips. Anyone know how much the parts will cost and where I can get the right tubing? Also let me know if you have any recommendations. Thanks

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tips $20 each, muffler $80 each, pipe get it custom bent from the muffler shop

at least $350 parts/labor to get it done right.

i use meineke or midas if its nothing illegal (like cutting the cats)

i got a dual in dual out single flowmaster 40 series muffler off ebay for $110 to the door. this muffler acts as an xpipe or hpipe on the exhaust system and u don't have to buy 2 mufflers to have dual exhaust which helps the budget

midas charged $70 to weld it in but i used turn down tips welded right to the muffler so it was an easy job for them. its really damn loud cuz the exhaust exits right under the rear seat in my 2 door. kind of an annoying drone but it sounds real good when u rev up to 4000+ rpm

blkcam

Reaction score
tips $20 each, muffler $80 each, pipe get it custom bent from the muffler shop

at least $350 parts/labor to get it done right.

i use meineke or midas if its nothing illegal (like cutting the cats)

i got a dual in dual out single flowmaster 40 series muffler off ebay for $110 to the door. this muffler acts as an xpipe or hpipe on the exhaust system and u don't have to buy 2 mufflers to have dual exhaust which helps the budget

midas charged $70 to weld it in but i used turn down tips welded right to the muffler so it was an easy job for them. its really damn loud cuz the exhaust exits right under the rear seat in my 2 door. kind of an annoying drone but it sounds real good when u rev up to 4000+ rpm

I can do all the welds and installing at my dads shop so installation is not really gonna be a problem. Where should I get the pipes? i dont really wanna get the cheap pipes at like auto zone that will rust after 1 year.