New to me 99 Tahoe, question about fron end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggyniner

Reaction score
hey All,

Just picked up a sweet 99 Tahoe. have a quick question regarding my steering. Whenever I have the wheel turned all the way to the right or left it sounds like a tire might almost be dragging. It almost seems like one wheel might not be a the exact same angle, it supposedly just had an alignment and seems to track straight down the road...It is in 2wd when I do this and I think sometimes I also notice a pop. Is this normal / does anyone else experience this when their wheels are turned all the way in one direction?

Thanks

2000tahoez71

Reaction score
Jack the front end up so that the tire's are hanging . Grab the tire at 12 and 6 oclock and try to push in pull out. Do this again at 3 and 9 o clock. If any of them move significantly, you have bad ball joints (12 and 6) or tie rod (inner & outer).

Biggyniner

Reaction score
Jack the front end up so that the tire's are hanging . Grab the tire at 12 and 6 oclock and try to push in pull out. Do this again at 3 and 9 o clock. If any of them move significantly, you have bad ball joints (12 and 6) or tie rod (inner & outer).

I was thinking that may be the case, I will give that a go, appreciate the tip.

2000tahoez71

Reaction score
If forgot to add, if you are getting wiggle, check and make sure the ball joint/tie rods are moving. If not you could have a bad wheel bearing.