new to the site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so yea im new to this site. i got a 05 tahoe lt i plan on modding once i get back from iraq. so hopefully you guys know some good places to order from, ill be looking for new lights ,grill and a few other exterior cosmetic parts.

thanks

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and welcome back to the states! What are some mods you want to do?

tnezukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats dude, you are going to love your truck, and might I say you deserve it. I think I speak for everyone in here when I say that we appreciate everything you do for our country. God Bless you. Hope your coming home soon

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im not back in the states yet, still got a few months. i dont want to do anything real crazy, just keep it clean.

so a new grill.. i like the denali grill
smoked headlights and taillights
and lookin for a set of 22' zinik rims and lower it a bit

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to be honest i want mine similiar to jkmotorsports tahoe. mine is black too and his is really close to the look i was going for. except for i live by the beach, so no chrome rims for me. i want black with a chrome lip. i had chrome rims on my ram and it was such a pain to keep clean.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
start by taking all the trim off!!! its easy and all it will cost you is a bottle of goo gone and some of your time. Than maybe some rims and rubber, some clear corners up front and some suspension action and you have a very clean looking tahoe without dropping a guop! just one mans opinion.... cant wait till you get home, be safe and welcome to the forum

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im not back in the states yet, still got a few months. i dont want to do anything real crazy, just keep it clean.

so a new grill.. i like the denali grill
smoked headlights and taillights
and lookin for a set of 22' zinik rims and lower it a bit

I'm not sure what your "taste" is as far as taillights go, but ebay has some hella clean LED tails that a lot of members are running. I bought a pair and went with the smoked tails. It's not to dark, but just a light tint. I'm running a 3/5 drop with 22's. I agree with the denali grille, but i want to paint it black along with the shell and just get a chrome gmc emblem (and cleare headlights also) These are the tails isntalled on my truck.
before011.jpg

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

ok... maybe ANYONE can help me on this one, i love these tails... something about the white "reverse" not being there just works for me... are these the same tails everyone else is running with a little extra "home made" modification? or are these some sort of bad @ss part i cant find anywhere

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought these tails on ebay for like $160 shipped. found some on ebay using keywords
" 06 yukon led"

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will be getting debadged no doubt about that. i like the clean look of no emblems. will a denali grille fit in the tahoe? i know their similiar but wasnt sure if it will fit. my first tahoe so i dont know much about what will fit yet. i previously owned a 95 civic hella modded, 2006 ram 1500 quad cab(just rims) and then i got rid of my 2004 srt4 for the tahoe. the srt4 had about 15grand into it total. it suks i cant buy a car and just leave it alone

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site :cheers: Denali grill won't fit without extensive modifications so I'd keep the tahoe front and maybe do an SS bumper. Drop it a bit with some nice wheels and save up for a blower or turbo kit, these trucks can be fast as sh*t with some forced induction.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would love to boost it. the srt4 was boosted and i really miss the sound of it spooling then the bov going off. it was so loud it would scare people.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so my tahoe has this plastic molding around the fender wheel which in the hawaii sun is faded, ive noticed alot of tahoes with this trim off. how much of a pain is this going to be to pull that trim off?