Options for iPod, XM, DVD, NAV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asinine

Reaction score
Hi All,

Long time Chevy fan, new to the forum. I read and searched this forum for a while, but didn't see the exact info I'm looking for, so here's my first post....

My father dropped off his fully-loaded 2001 Tahoe LT for me to sell, but after a week of driving it around, it's growing on me to the point where I'm considering buying it because it's a better family vehicle than my beloved Dodge RAM. This forum has answered all my other questions, but other than that trick DD HU replacement, I haven't been able to figure out how to setup what I want.

For audio/video, what reasonable options are there for adding XM and optionally iPod and NAV/DVD into the Tahoe? The OEM system is non-Bose, with OnStar, and with DVD/video system. FM or tape adapter audio is poor, so I'd like something to direct connect. I'm willing to replace the head unit, but I don't want a motorized screen, and I also don't want to do anything that would adversely affect the factory rear-seat DVD/video system. Basically, I want something that's feature rich, yet looks and acts factory clean.

All helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Long time Chevy fan, new to the forum. I read and searched this forum for a while, but didn't see the exact info I'm looking for, so here's my first post....

My father dropped off his fully-loaded 2001 Tahoe LT for me to sell, but after a week of driving it around, it's growing on me to the point where I'm considering buying it because it's a better family vehicle than my beloved Dodge RAM. This forum has answered all my other questions, but other than that trick DD HU replacement, I haven't been able to figure out how to setup what I want.

For audio/video, what reasonable options are there for adding XM and optionally iPod and NAV/DVD into the Tahoe? The OEM system is non-Bose, with OnStar, and with DVD/video system. FM or tape adapter audio is poor, so I'd like something to direct connect. I'm willing to replace the head unit, but I don't want a motorized screen, and I also don't want to do anything that would adversely affect the factory rear-seat DVD/video system. Basically, I want something that's feature rich, yet looks and acts factory clean.

All helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Pioneer D3!! Mine works great.

Donkey punch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for the D3. Got one myself. easy to use, great buy for what you get!! I like that I was able to put a camera in order to ease the connection of a trailer... and works well to make sure you don't smack any kids too.

MikeCallery

Reaction score
Have you tried going to www.crutchfield.com and punching in your vehicle. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have to buy from them, but you do get some great information that will help you make an informed decision elsewhere.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only that with the D3 you loose the function of the rear radio which in turn you loose the wireless capability of using the headphones ...

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only that with the D3 you loose the function of the rear radio which in turn you loose the wireless capability of using the headphones ...

Don't care about that option, backup camera and clean look is what i wanted. Didn't know about the 01 single Din though!!!:confused2: :confused2:

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't care about that option, backup camera and clean look is what i wanted. Didn't know about the 01 single Din though!!!:confused2: :confused2:

In that case then your open for about almost anything on the market :)

Hey guys wasnt there a harness out there to convert a single din to a double din? i know i saw it somwhere i gotta take a look