Play DVD and Nav at same time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orljustin

Reaction score
Hi,

Newb here. Probably getting an 07 Tahoe on Friday or so. Haven't actually used Nav/DVD system.

Does the Nav system need the disc in the player the entire trip? How do you play dvds then? Or does it just need to load it once or something? I had initially thought the dvd player was installed in back, separate, until I read another thread. Are there aux input jacks for the entertainment system in the back?

And regarding the Nav... So you program it while in park, and then once you get started it just locks you out basically? Does this system give you options, like if you go off track, to recalculate the path while driving, or do you have to stop to do it. I've read about the lockpick install, so I know about that.

Thanks!

oj

neweagle

Reaction score
Welcome to the WONDERFUL world of Tahoe ownership; you'll LOVE it!

1) The Nav DVD player is actually behind the screen; to get to it, you flip down the screen. It's a separate system from the player that you insert CDs & DVDs into, so you can play DVDs & nav at the same time.

2) The system recalculates for you as you change routes. Unless you do the Lockpick, which I've done, you're locked out. Also, the Lockpick enables the front screen to show video while in motion.

Greenage

Reaction score
2) The system recalculates for you as you change routes. Unless you do the Lockpick, which I've done, you're locked out. Also, the Lockpick enables the front screen to show video while in motion.

The Lockpick is something I have seriously considered! How hard was the Lockpick to install? Any issues with anything not working correctly since the install?