Putco Fog light bulbs are here....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while those will add the HID look. your light output will be less than stock. that blue,yellow etc film over the bulbs takes away from the usuable light. For more light on GMT 900s HIDS are the only way to go.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true.....but I nice alternative if one doesn't want to fork out $250. Also it looks like they won't ship till May14th.

noble

Reaction score
yeah good find def. but ill end up buying the cheap eBay HID kits.. they seem to have been holding up for some time now in my head lamps..

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what color

which color do you think will match the 8000's/ the white or blue? from putco?

timmyjimmy5150

Reaction score
Say you get the Ion Spark White color fog light bulbs....from Putco.
Will they/ do they offer matching headlight bulbs of the same color?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Jet yellow light by Putco would actually put out better adverse weather light because of its Kelvin rating than the other bulbs. I will purchase the jet yellow when they are released.
A good tip of advice for all those with HID's is to put yellow bulbs down in those fogs, or during bad weather like snow/sleet of fog, you won't able to see anything!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Jet yellow light by Putco would actually put out better adverse weather light because of its Kelvin rating than the other bulbs. I will purchase the jet yellow when they are released.
A good tip of advice for all those with HID's is to put yellow bulbs down in those fogs, or during bad weather like snow/sleet of fog, you won't able to see anything!

actully the lumins is still less than stock, but HIDS put out like 50X more lumins, no matter what kelvin temp HID you get you will see better than just yellow bulbs. but for the ultimate in foul weather would be 3000k HIDs as they put out a jet yellow, but still put out lik 3200 lumins. compared to the 1000 lumins of the jet yellow bulbs and 1200 lumins of the stock bulbs.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
putco is wrong about what vehicles the bulbs will work with. the Buick enclave uses 55Watt H11 bulbs. not those psW24 bulbs. :skep:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Rollin Thunder in him saying that Jet Yellow HID's would be the best in foul weather conditions but the problem is HID's would def. fry the housings on these Tahoe fog lamps!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Rollin Thunder in him saying that Jet Yellow HID's would be the best in foul weather conditions but the problem is HID's would def. fry the housings on these Tahoe fog lamps!

again wrong.

talk to Get Wired or Tbrend, they have been using HID's for a VERY long time with no issues. the housings can handle up to 35Watts.

HIDS are 35watts. so that is not an issue.

i have a different type of housing but have been using 5000k HIDS in my fogs for about 3 weeks now an no issues, they run all the time.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I've cleared the problem and yes Rollin Thunder is right about the HID fogs, but the 07 Tahoe's dont use regular bulbs in the fogs so their won't be any way to just get a plug and play HID kit install, you would have to modify the wiring harnesses to fit!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I've cleared the problem and yes Rollin Thunder is right about the HID fogs, but the 07 Tahoe's dont use regular bulbs in the fogs so their won't be any way to just get a plug and play HID kit install, you would have to modify the wiring harnesses to fit!

while that is true, Getwired and Tbrend modified it in less than 10 min, all you need is a dremel. but that does take skill, more than i would have, so i guess if i wanted better foul weather help i would use the jet yellow bulbs.