Removal of rear Wheelhouse liner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to remove the rear plastic wheelhouse liner on the driver's side. Has anyone done this? There are a number of plastic button fasteners. Wondering if these are the reusuable kind? I assume the rear tire must be removed first?

tracon

Reaction score
I hit a deer doing 60 (the deer was doing about 20 the tahoe was going 60) and that took the front liner out with no problem. I do not suggest this method as the extra time it takes to replace the grill, head lights, fog lights and the front bumper cover and the cost to remove the urine smell from the drivers seat is not worth it. Hope this helps.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two kinds of fasteners used, the 2 piece push pins and the normal push fasteners. The two piece come out easy if you can pop the inside part out first, if you can't do that then you'll most likely need to replace them (that is what I did before I realized they were 2 pieces). The others just pop out with a normal trim tool.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, thanks. The reusuable kind, you lift the head up, then pull the fastener out of the hole. I need to get up between the the outer rear quarter panel, and the interior skin. I plan on installing a ball mount for an amateur radio antenna. I've been using the trailer hitch, but it's a terrible location.I'm just wondering how much salt spray gets up in that cavity? I has to be a good place for rust and corrosion.