Rosen vs Factory NAV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nordicsons

Reaction score
I have just purchased a 2011 Tahoe LT. I now found out that the unit installed is a GM Nav but the voice recognition does not work with the NAV unit, like adding a tag etc. Voice recognition does work with onstar and manual steering wheel command DIAL XXX-XXX-XXXX. Also the USB port does not work. The VIN indicates this was a non NAV LT model with bose. The dealer says they cannot get this unit to work with voice commands. The unit does work by manualy entering addresses or download from On star.

Question: Is it worth changing this factory style unit out for a Rosen GM NAV unit? CMax is where I bought it and they will do it for free to correct the problem. I can't tell if the Rosen unit is any good? Any feedback on the Rosen unit or on getting the factory type unit working?

Oh.... I need to make my decision in the next day or two....

nordicsons

Reaction score
Well just found out that the GM nav is an older NAV like 2008 or something.

So now my only options are the Rosen unit or return the Tahoe for another one or an F- 150.

Anyone know if the Rosen unit is any good? Is the sterio part equal or better?