Rough idle (just for info post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 developed a rough idle over the weekend but otherwise ran fine. No check engine set but ran the scanner anyway and no codes were set. So didn't even open the hood figuring it was some esoteric electronic thing. Took it in this AM and they found the #4 plug wire completely disconnected. As far as I know, no one including me has ever touched the plug wires. They didn't know why it didn't set a code either. Was kind of embarassed :shy: that I didn't do any investigation myself but all's well now.

foytix

Reaction score
how rough was it idling? i've noticed my 08 idles funny, kind of like some kind of hiccup it hovers around 600 rpm.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was just rough enuf that I could feel it and when outside, could hear it in the exhaust.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same experience. The first time it was a little rough at iddle, and I started getting a lot of messages like: service 4wd, stabilitrak off, check engine..... so I Took it to the dealer and they they found out that one wire was a little loose. The 2nd time another wire was totally disconnected, Fixed it myself. No problems since.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's no good, at least it's an easy fix tho..