smoking headlights and tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daxz

Reaction score
well today i had a bunch of extra time on my hands before i had to go too class.

so i stopped by a body shop around where i live and asked a ball park figure of how much it would be to smoke my headlights and my taillights.

they said that they have never herd of doing such....

sooo is there a special place to have it done or is there like a mildly idiot proof way to do it myself?

some input would be great..... also if anyone is local on here around Bradenton/ Tampa, FL area that can do this PM me

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just want the tint stuff, thats relatively cheap. You probably only need a roll or two, u just heat it up and trim.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine myself with dupont clear coat with a slight black tint to it. any body shop should be able to do it. just ask around. it looks alot better than the tint film.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine myself with dupont clear coat with a slight black tint to it. any body shop should be able to do it. just ask around. it looks alot better than the tint film.

where did you pick up that dupont mess? i have big plans for my tails.. plan of pulling them apart and going crazy on them from the inside out and this sounds like jsut the thing i need

daxz

Reaction score
alright that sounds good but one more question i have 55watt hids would they melt the paint? if on too long?