ssbc a126-39 brake kit opinions please - good enough to handle the 22" wheel upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AG1221

Reaction score
just wanted to get your guys opinions on the ssbc a126-39 kit

do you think that will be all i need for the 22" wheels?

or do you not think that kit is a significant upgrade.

just wanted to get your opinions before purchasing.

all answers greatly appreciated.

thanks!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock calipers are decent, just get a bigger rotor. Check out the powerslot plus kit (part # 29-8690)

GMC-brake-kit-thumb.jpg

I should have one in about a month or less. 14" rotors will help immensely with the larger rotational weight from the 22s.

AG1221

Reaction score
mind if i ask who your buying the power slots from,

see a bunch of sites selling this kit,

just wondering if you found a good price?

are you doing front and back or is just doing fronts enough?

thanks!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the rear I'm installing stock size powerslot rotors with ceramic pads but it should be a dramatic difference along with the front kit. Think I'm going with some stainless braided lines and replacing the tie rods with moog parts to tighten up the steering. I'd check out summit racing for a good price, we carry them at my work so I get a nice price on them.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running stock everything with my 22s...the truck handles and stops like a champ!
When I first bought the truck, I thought I was going to have to spend some good money on new brakes because I know its best to upgrade the brakes when you get bigger rims/tires..but it has not had any problems in 2 years. When I finally get back to California in late 2009 and see my baby again, (the Denali)..I think I'm going to do a set of new brakes anyways. I have decided what kit yet...

These sure look pretty though!!! ;)
brembo_gt_slotted.jpg