Tahoe factory shutdown in 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Acada dosen't make sense to me as it is almost the size of a Tahoe.

its not a bad truck (if you can call it that) my mother has one and for her SHE LOVES IT, as its smaller than a tahoe in size , but still holds a bunch a crap, and she doesent have to call me anytime she folds the seats, plus the awsome HIDS mean she does not hit stuff now.

My dad has an enclave, but misses his cadillacs so i think he is about to sell them. The acadia is not much more quiet then then enclave and i actully feel the enclave is smaller than the acadia, plus that go-kart engine has got to be changed with something more powerful. They only average about 15 in the city and 20 on the highway IF you travel at a consistant speed. I actully bought one before i bought my denali and actully sold it to my mother, way to small and under powered for me.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure these sell well in areas where trucks are actually needed and are not just novelties. I bought mine not because I needed it, but wanted it. I don't tow, or haul a lot of items, but I feel secure and carry passengers more comfortably. Also, I am sick of not being able to drive RWD cars and having to resort to my winter beater for snow and ice. Where it is 7-8 months winter, this isn't as much vanity for me.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure we are driving the last of the breed.

That's not a very good news as I have been changing cars every two years (I really should lease to save money now that I think about it) and I have my Tahoe paid in full.