the elusive 2000 tahoe 2 door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by my brother that Chevy made a 2 door in 2000 in this body style? this was a couple years ago now and I have never seen one... if this true? Can anyone verify a 2000 2 door? I would sell all that i own for it if I could find one

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was never a production GMT 800 Chevrolet Tahoe with two doors. There may have been a prototype or concept vehicle that is privately owned now somewhere in obscurity, but there was never a production vehicle.

Speaking of concepts though, if you want a really amazing and one of a kind concept vehicle that is available, follow this link; Hemmings Motor News: Auto Classifieds - Hemmings Auto Classifieds feature cars for sale nation wide.

This is the GMT 800 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 concept vehicle that heralded the release of the new generation of Tahoe at SEMA. If I could I would purchase this vehicle in a heartbeat! The price is pretty reasonable in my opinion for this one of a kind Chevrolet Tahoe concept vehicle.

EDIT: Other links referring to this vehicle;
TAHOE Z71 CONCEPT - ALL DRESSED UP TO GO ANYWHERE!
The Car Enthusiast (Pictures from the 2000 SEMA motor show) - by caint.com

Last edited:

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL i'm sorry, that thing just looks retarded..

tahoe_2.jpg

The new generation chop looks hot!!!

blazer.jpg

Last edited:

KennyB22

Reaction score
The only 2-door 2000 body style I ever heard/seen/read was they made that they working making for use in Mexico. Don't know how long they supposedly were supposed to make them for, but at the time I was ready to go to Mexico to by one until I found my z71 in the delaers lot all clean. .......I found this link, and see if I can find any others http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f22/2-door-tahoe-yukon-31441/ I have a picture of one if I can figure out how to upload it to hear.

Attachments

• 2 door tahoe.jpg
    2 door tahoe.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 25

brymed79

Reaction score
love that 2 door current body style. Anyone no any more details on it?

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is photoshopped. Look through the windows and you can see the 2 passenger doors. The photoshop jobs looks awesome besides that. Whoever made it should have blacked out the windows or something.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had almost forgotten about this one. I remember seeing it in one of the truck magazines quite a few years ago. It started out as a Sub, but they cut out the center section to create a two door looking Tahoe. Still looks pretty clean in my mind.

2doorTahoe.jpg

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had almost forgotten about this one. I remember seeing it in one of the truck magazines quite a few years ago. It started out as a Sub, but they cut out the center section to create a two door looking Tahoe. Still looks pretty clean in my mind.

2doorTahoe.jpg

the back window trips me out, it doesnt go all the way back... still a nice rig though

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice catch. I didn't notice that at first. I'm not sure why they would have done that.

goat364

Reaction score
It is photoshopped. Look through the windows and you can see the 2 passenger doors. The photoshop jobs looks awesome besides that. Whoever made it should have blacked out the windows or something.

What pic is photo shopped? The red 2000 with "scrap" on the window? It looks good to me, but i'm not familiar with using photoshop and dont know the places to look to find fakes.

goat364

Reaction score

2doorTahoe.jpg

I've actually been lookin at making a 2-door out of a 2000 or '07 Suburban and somethin makes me think that this could be one of the GM prototypes that was let go to a customizer. Loot at the rear overhang...its shorter than that of a 'Hoe or 'Burb, and that back side glass is exactly the same as on the red 2000 pictured on this thread with "scrap" on it. That glass isnt on any GMT 800 i've ever seen except the 2-door proto type. I'd actually prefer suburban glass. I'd love to see if anybody has actually shortened a Burb so i can figure out if this is really somethin i wanna tackle.

iriedennis

Reaction score
Not photoshopped!!!!!

If you look at the pic carefully you will notice what you think are doors are actually reflections off the ceiling. Do you think someone put this much effort into making a 2 door version of this tahoe and leave the doors stock inside?

You can actually see the pattern on the door window reflection matches what you think are "doors" on the rear glass. It's not doors like you think nor has this been PS

iriedennis

Reaction score
It's not PS

Nice catch. I didn't notice that at first. I'm not sure why they would have done that.
Look at the reflection on the door too. Light, white beam, light, white beam.
It's not doors like you think!!!!