TirePressureSensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving in the rain to somewhere yesterday, left one stops working and pops up a message on the dash "Service Tire Pressure Montior." It happened again on the way back in the rain. Stopped raining today and it works normal.. ? Anyway, wheres it at and how do I service it? It's the rear passenger if it helps.:confused2:

Cobra

Reaction score
No clue why in the rain but it is exactly what error message says. Check your tire pressure. A possibility is if there was a drop in temp. this can cause it to error if your tire pressure is to low. When it warms up the air in tire expands which makes pressure higher. It will clear when your tires are at right level if you keep having issues go to a good tire dealer like Discount, NTB or your chevy dealer and they can reset it for you. And the monitors are located in the tires attached to rim at air valve. Good luck and hope I made sense.

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The exact message says "Service Tire Monitor." After that I hit the buttons on the steering wheel to navigate to the tire pressures and it says this..

RF -35, LF - 36, RR ---, LR -36

I check the tires almost once a week (gauge) and they are all at 35, but once I get in the truck and turn it on, the dash TPS says they are all around 32-33..? Is my gauge wrong or are the tire pressure sensors bad? Anyone else noticed this.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd start with your RR wheel and check the tire pressure manually. The sensor might be bad.

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bah, afraid of that.. it was working earlier today tho. Not going to worry about it till it completely dies. How much does one of these sensors run?

kilcher

Reaction score
Funny, I had that message on mine this morning. It's cold here though, below freezing. When I scrolled through the pressures all looked fine, the tires looked fine, so for now I'm just going to chalk mine up to the cold.

You're in CA though so I'm guessing that wasn't the case for you.

07tahizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been gettin the same message the past few days... its been cold, rainy/snow...

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, atleast I'm not the only one. It's been 40 here at night and only 60 in the day. I'm north of Sacramento.

LeadFootCole

Reaction score
I get the same problem. Wonder if they are a big deal to change or if the local tire shops have them.

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine only did it the one day it was raining very hard and I was freeway driving. They have since worked properly.. I'm just going to ignore it.

GMTECH56

Reaction score
To reset your sensors without goind to a dealer turn your key to the on position (not running) depress your park brake and turn your headlight on and off 3 or 4 time and you will hear a honk. After this happens let air out of your lf tire untill it honks again, continue with this same procedure with rf then rr then lr and they will be learned. Then set your tires back to the plackard in the door.

Phil

shawnallansls1

Reaction score
damm pain the ass man.. i did all but when i got to the front right damm thing never honked now it say my front right is the bad one ahhhh cant i just deactiave this ****! i always check my pressure..

George_V.

Reaction score
On kinda the same subject, I just changed to 22" aftermarket rims on my tahoe today, and the tire sensor warning came on, will this affect anything if I leave the stock sensors on the wheels off?