Today's Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, i started out the day with one thing in mind... get the fuel hand back to working - so i pulled the gas tank out, replaced the fuel pump (lifetime warranty! w00t! glad i didnt have to pay for it) - replaced the wiring harness, cleaned the ground on the frame - ran a new ground str8 from the battery to the bolt that is on the frame - replaced fuel tank pressure sensor (broke it about 2 years ago) ok.. so put the tank back in.. when i replaced the factory pump the new one i put in had always knocked this one is quite as a bell.. even primes alot quiter.. - well, time to pull the guage cluster and get to work.. While pulling it i got to looking at the headlight switch wiring harness, i've had so much trouble out of the headlight switch its not funny... two wires were burnt from the plug out about an inch.. so i rigged them.. kept going - got the guage cluster out.. checked my Bright Light Bulb.. because ever since i put the new rear-end in, and started driving it again, my bright light light in the cluster hasnt worked.. well the bulb was good put it back in, got to work on the fuel guage - i re-positioned it - hit the key.. it went right back down to the oil guage, so with the key on i moved it to E - it stayed.. didn't move at all - so i figured well i probably need to set it up to how much gas i have.. so i did.. put everything back togethor... was working I think.. well driving down the road.. it started doing circles again this time counter clock wise and real slow - before it was clockwise like a race-car - Called the GM Dealer a new guage cluster is 350 bux.. i know where one is in a junk yard.. but it has 192k on the odo... - its def. in the guage cluster not the fuel pump itself - However.. the Jitteryness of the fuel hand did go away.. but now it is back sitting on the oil guage..... I installed a Bright Blue LED for my bright light indicator.. Works GREAT... 5 hours later.. with bright lights on.. the Bright Light Light In the guage cluster came back on... just out of the blue.. Now i have a bright blue LED, and the indicator in the guage cluster... errrrrrr... - if i have any advice.. it is never let them set for a year or two years or any long long period of time.. stuff just starts to mess up.. - So My Bright Light Indicator came back on.. But.. My DTRLs still fail to work.. no clue whats up with them... but they don't bother me not working

- Replaced o2 Sensor not long back.. still threw the SES light - didn't know what was wrong.. till i got to looking around, GM routed the wiring for this really close to the front Drive Shaft - the front shaft had grabed it, riping the wires apart.. - i fixed them and re-routed the wire..

Attachments

• 0411081427a.jpg
    0411081427a.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 0411081427.jpg
    0411081427.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 0412080001.jpg
    0412080001.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 0411082355.jpg
    0411082355.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 0411082355a.jpg
    0411082355a.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 4

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
errrrrrr... - if i have any advice.. it is never let them set for a year or two years or any long long period of time.. stuff just starts to mess up.. -

I agree. I let mine sit for about 6 mo and have not been able to recover. My battery keeps dying, the door pannels keep poping off, I can't open my doors with the key anymore and who knows how many other issues I have not found yet.

errrrrrr is right!!

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the worst problem at all hit me tonight - this happened two days ago.. but it stopped.. - Driving, it wont go past 3,000 RPM.. / over 50mph - i messed with the MAF made sure all connections where good.. and it stopped for two days.. tonight on my way home, it was doing the same stuff.. worse - 2,000 rpm - 30mph - and worse on as i went 1500rpm.. 20 - 1000rpm 10 - under 1000, till it died.. i managed to make it two miles from my house.. let it set for a min, crank it drive it for 20-50 ft.. do it all over again... - I changed the MAF out - its not that.. i don't have a Fuel Pressure guage - but man, i really don't want to take the tank out again.. its got to be something with the gas, or air.. to much gas, not enough air - too little gas to much air.. or its just not getting but a few sips of gas - i did notice, that id come to a slow stop, and it would jump like it just got gas like in short bursts... so, i'm guessing i installed a bad fuel sender unit.. arg, all that work... to get this

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-update- well, i figured out what the problem was - I went and bought a new Fuel Filter - and a Fuel Pressure Guage(which i didn't open-because i wanted to take it back) - took the old filter off, had a friend set in the truck turn the key to On.. gas came out.. but it wasn't anywhere close to 55psi.. more like 10psi - So, tonight, I replaced the fuel sender unit assy. again - took me 40 mins to drop the tank, and take the pump out - went and got the new one, putting it all back togethor - i noticed my fuel lines that go into the tank(the rubber lines) you could bend them extremly easy.. they need to be replaced - but for a quick fix i put O-ring clamps on them.. can't bend them now took me about an hour to put it all back in.. so 1hr 40min to drop it, and have it all back togethor - Second fuel pump within 2wks.. - They gave me a Poor fuel pump to begin with.. :( - now it cranks better, runs better.. even drives better.. so i'm happy - now if only i had that Instrument Cluster...