TPMS / Remote Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raskal

Reaction score
Hello All, Just purchased a 2008 LT, 67k and have some issues.

The Service Tire Monitor System message is on at startup, and then going through, NONE of the sensors seem to be reading, all i see is --

Took it back to the selling dealer they said " we couldn't reset it"..typical

To add, I also have the Advanced or Enhanced remote key fob, with the screen that says different information. I need to be basically RIGHT up to the car to get it to lock/unlock. I read a different thread about a computer in the door perhaps controlling both the TPMS and the remote? Any help would be great so I can pass that along to the dealer.

07burb

Reaction score
Sounds like you need new TPMS sensors (assuming that are sensors currently in place). Are your wheels aftermarket? The '--' reading usually comes up because either the TPMS are no longer present or they've stopped reading anything.

Ont240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your fob my need a new battery, available at places like radio shack.
TPMS :Do you have the owners manual? simple enough procedure once you get to the proper display and have compressed air handy. Try a reset on at least 1 wheel. There is a sequence that must be followed. Good luck.
I do it every spring and fall when I change my wheels.

raskal

Reaction score
so I can confirm that there ARE sensors and that they ARE broadcasting. Did the relearn procedure, LF took like it should, RF Took after air was let out, then the scanner hit it, RR did nothing. I found a TSB that mentions RCDLR and that it controls both the remote and TPMS. With that info it seems the sensors are fine, but whatever reads them is not. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Ont240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would stick to using the info button on the dash to get started. Procedure on pg 519-520 . Ignition ON but engine not running. Remember you have 2minutes to program the LF tire then only 3 min for the remainder RF, RR, LR in that order or you need to start over. It can also take up to 30 secs, which seems like a long time for it to program, before you here the beep. I've found you need to let 5psi + out for it to recognize the differential in pressure. Have your small screw driver ready! Double beep on first tire LF, single beep on the others.
Then turn the key off. If you need I could scan & post the pgs from the manual.

Last edited:

raskal

Reaction score
I did not have the option on the dash, did the Lock/Unlock on the remote to get it into learning mode. Its back at the dealers now, I think its an issue with that RCDLR so hopefully they get it squared away.

raskal

Reaction score
Thanks for the bump I forgot to update. YES it was the antenna on the RCDLR. Not sure if they wired in a new one, reconnected or replaced but all is right as rain now. Reading of tire pressure on the dash and remote, and the remote now works at the distance it should.