URGENT HELP - Tahoe dead.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MCF34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got home from a week long vacation and my 2007 Tahoe is completely dead.....tried to jump it from my wife's car and something strange happened. When I got four good connections, the car alarm (horn honking) went off so I disarmed it with the remote. After disarming it I tried to crank the Tahoe and the dash lights lit up and then went dead...I figured it just needed more charging (with my wife's car running) so I had her rev her engine for a minute or two and the Tahoe is still completely dead...nothing nada...not even a bulb will come on...any thoughts???? This is the first time this has happened, but I have never let the car sit for 7 days without starting it.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery shouldnt go dead after 1 week, however the OEM battery is crap. Very poor CCA rating. Get it charged, not jumped. Have it tested at Pep Boys or another facility. If it needs replacement go to dealer, it's a warranteed item, however they will put same lousy battery in vehicle.
PS......If you replace battery on your own get one with a minimum 850 CCA rating.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery shouldnt go dead after 1 week, however the OEM battery is crap. Very poor CCA rating. Get it charged, not jumped. Have it tested at Pep Boys or another facility. If it needs replacement go to dealer, it's a warranteed item, however they will put same lousy battery in vehicle.
PS......If you replace battery on your own get one with a minimum 850 CCA rating.

I was thinking about dropping in an Optima Yellow-Top. But would it matter what CCA rating, as long as I got the right battery for 07 Tahoe? I stopped by Pep Boys today and they said they had them in stock...

Also, funny you should say that the OEM battery has crappy rating... I think it has a 600 or 650 rating (something like that), correct? Couple months ago, I had a Chevy svc consultant look up some of my installed options by my VIN and he came across the battery and was like, "wow, 600...pretty strong battery..." This isn't enough for our Tahoes? I'm not fluent in the electrical systems dept, so that's why I'm asking...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, i put a yellow top in mine, WHAT A DIFFERENCE. it does not starve for power ever , when i bought the truck, and when you turned the ac on it would surge for 1 second, then put the battery in and it did not, i 2 months ago added a 200 amp alternator and that makes it even better. I highly reccommend the optima yeller top battery.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a recall on this. check with your dealership.

So what's their fix? A new, stronger battery? Or do they modify something w/ the electrical system?

I only ask because if it's just a simple battery swap, then I'll go ahead w/ my Yellow-Top purchase and call it a day. If it requires more tinkering than that, then I'll call my dealership tomorrow...

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposedly they re-flash the ECM / PCM for this fix in certain cases. I'd take it in for a checkup, even after you get a better battery in there. I've not had any issues with my OE battery yet, but when I do, I'll be going with an Optima Yellow Top.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you've experienced the 07033 bug. As the fellow above me indicated, there is a TSB issued (TSB#07033) which involves a reflash to correct this problem. However, I had mine done earlier in the year, and I still experienced another dead battery event.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He came across the battery and was like, "wow, 600...pretty strong battery..." This isn't enough for our Tahoes? I'm not fluent in the electrical systems dept, so that's why I'm asking...

He is a putz. 800cca or better is what want.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is a putz. 800cca or better is what want.

:lol:

You know, all jokes aside, though...this isn't the first time someone from this forum has invalidated what the Chevy svc consultant has advised me... I believe the last time, it was JKmotorsports who explained that I could put a Viper security system in w/ no pblms, but the svc dude totally advised against it because of the intricate electrical system in the NBS Tahoe... What gives? :confused2: Can't hardly trust anyone anymore w/o them having some angle or hidden agenda! :mad: