Various questions for Denali owners, especially Getwired

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbrown02

Reaction score
Getwired, et, al:

For all you Denali owners out there, I'm looking for input on the following:

1) Nav-iPOD Lockpick: Does the Coastaltech device also get rid of pressing the "OK" button to use the NAV functions? If it does not, is there anything else out there that will do this? I purchased the same sort of thing for my Lexus and LOVE IT.

2) Know how to get rid of or lower the volume from the beep that occurs when pressing soft keys on the LCD screen?

3) What's the best fully integrated (car powered, turns on when the car is started and auto mutes radio/CD/DVD player when calls come in and unmutes when the call ends) Bluetooth solution out there and why?

Thanks

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gee I don't own a Denali (anymore), but I do own a lockpick in my 07 Tahoe.

1) It does NOT get rid of the "OK" screen. I wish it did as it gets old pushing that button.

2) I thought there was a menu setting about the tones, but maybe not, have to check tommorrow.

3) CoastalETech is pushing the Tellphone 5000vi to go along with the Lockpick at this link:

http://www.coastaletech.com/TellPhone5000demo.htm

From the video, it looks like it will work like an OEM bluetooth setup (that GM doesn't offer!) I've played with a 07 Tundra Nav w/Bluetooth and it's pretty seamless when you get in, your phone is sync'ed. However you can't dial out via the Tundra Nav touchscreen while you are moving! :nono:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost missed your post! (Was busy with tail lights I suppose...heh)

1) I do not know of anything available for the GM OE (Denso) nav unit that will get rid of the "Press OK" on power-up warning. Lockpick, as discussed, doesn't do it. Seems like a modded firmware update would do it, but I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen.

2) Negative on the "beep" control. If there's an option, it's hidden. I'm sure it's tweakable somehow; and if you figure it out, let us all know, 'cuz it ain't in the menus and it annoys me too!

3) Not being a hands-free-in-vehicle-speakerphone-via-bluetooth kind of guy, I'm also unaware of any other "accepted" solutions other than the interface that CoastalETech offers. Not that it matters much in the context of your question, but I really only use my bluetooth hands-free ear piece with my phone, so I can have private conversations (well, halfway private). :rolleyes:

WHEELMAN322

Reaction score
I'm trading in my 07 Infiniti M45 for a Denali/Tahoe or Escalade soon. One of my biggest gripes is the lack of Bluetooth, HID headlights, Keyless go and cooled seating. These are all things my comparably priced Infiniti has. I just don't get how GM dropped the ball on a $50,000 SUV. I'm relieved to hear about the lockpick for the DVD/Nav screen and I hope the aftermarket Bluetooth works as seamless as the Infiniti's.

little

Reaction score
WHEELMAN322,

bro i totally agree with ya. I was pretty much 100% set on this truck last week but just found out the truck doesn't even have or offer HID headlights. The other i keep mentioning is that their also isn't any express up/down in teh vehicle, i believe only express down on the drivers door. I could care less about keyless but would like to see some cooled seats. I'm now starting to look around again, grrrr.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHEELMAN322,

bro i totally agree with ya. I was pretty much 100% set on this truck last week but just found out the truck doesn't even have or offer HID headlights. The other i keep mentioning is that their also isn't any express up/down in teh vehicle, i believe only express down on the drivers door. I could care less about keyless but would like to see some cooled seats. I'm now starting to look around again, grrrr.

These trucks have been out for a year and a half now, and there's some good aftermarket parts that have come available in the last 9+ months. You can add nice HIDs with little difficulty for under $300.00. See link in my sig, lots of other options on kits too. 5000-5500K is pretty much the color range for OE HIDs on most vehicles, so keep it in that range, and you'll be quite happy with the results. I cannot believe the difference on my truck, and I'm seriously thinking of adding them to my other vehicle even though it's 10 years old.

I understand you wanting the HIDs, but express-up windows and cooled seats? Aren't you planning on tinting your windows if you live in a place that's that hot anyway? We had many 100+ degree days here in VA this summer, and I didn't once burn my tushie on my black leather seats, due to the smart climate control on the remote start. Just wondering why you'd reconsider such a great ride for something like that...

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheelman322,

You have a lot of cars in your cardomain garage!!! Trade often or just get bored quickly??? ;)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheelman322,

You have a lot of cars in your cardomain garage!!! Trade often or just get bored quickly??? ;)

HEY weelman, to add to this, we have an 86 fleetwood d'elegance, nice cars if you keep them well, just wish they would start when cold.

we have alot of cars but there are 6 drivers living in one house. thats why. he might have the same, whats cool is we all buy new at once and get great incentives for bulk orders. :yesnod: :)

WHEELMAN322

Reaction score
WHEELMAN322,

Yeah....I didn't even notice the lack of HID's or express windows until I went back the next day. All I can tell you is don't skip the truck for those minor annoyances. I bought mine on Saturday and traded in my Tacoma. I ended up keeping the Infinti b/c I always like having a car and a truck rather than 2 trucks...but anyway....I love it. I haven't even touched the Infiniti since I brought the Denali home.
These trucks have been out for a year and a half now, and there's some good aftermarket parts that have come available in the last 9+ months. You can add nice HIDs with little difficulty for under $300.00. See link in my sig, lots of other options on kits too. 5000-5500K is pretty much the color range for OE HIDs on most vehicles, so keep it in that range, and you'll be quite happy with the results. I cannot believe the difference on my truck, and I'm seriously thinking of adding them to my other vehicle even though it's 10 years old.
QUOTE]
I know....I had the 5500 kit in my Tacoma and it was sweet. I'm gonna throw a set in my heads as soon as my cousin gets them in.
Wheelman322,

B/C i'm retarded...LOL. Actually I just have a disgusting car fetish. I always swear I'm gonna keep them and than something new catches my eye.
HEY weelman, to add to this, we have an 86 fleetwood d'elegance, nice cars if you keep them well, just wish they would start when cold.

we have alot of cars but there are 6 drivers living in one house. thats why. he might have the same, whats cool is we all buy new at once and get great incentives for bulk orders. :yesnod: :)
I love my Cadillacs (as you can tell). The sad part is...all of those cars are mine. My wife drives an 04 Sentra SE-R that she loves. On several occasions I've offered to give her the Infiniti and she wants no part of it. :rolleyes2: