vehichle hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flastud904

Reaction score
I own a 2001 Tahoe LS, 192000 miles (i know thats a lot, im a highway driver), I keep the maintenance up on the vehicle (oil,transmission, brake, steering, etc) I try to keep everything normal. I have a set of 24" wheels, and they have been on for 2+ years now....heres my question, if I try to go over 80 mph, sometimes it hesitates, when traveling through a state that has many up/down hills (NC,SC) trying to accelerate up, it does the same thing. I use the highway everyday going back and forth to work, its fine, b/c I usually dont go over 70mph...can someone give me some suggestions pls...I want to keep my TAHOE, til the wheels fall off...

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just found your thread you asked me to check out. Is your speedo corrected for your wheels? Honestly, 24" wheels are rather large for these vehicles and you are asking a lot of your engine/tranny to to spin. Have you thought about new gears? This would definitely help your issue.