What black would you go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be different go flat, to be the norm go glossy! If it wasn't my wifes car I would make mine flat, they look sick like that. Speaking of Rob and Big, I crack up so hard to that show, love it!

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love gloss black as long as it is on someone elses truck. I got tired of washing the truck everyday. After trying every color GM offers, I have gone the other way. White is easy to take care of. Just my .02.....

The good news is, you get a lot of exercise with black.......

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well flat black is basically just paint without clear coat...I think..

jlcvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gloss!
Flat may look cool today but in a year from now it might not be as cool, and then you will be stuck with it. A flat paint job might give the appearance that your Tahoe has a coat of primer to the average person.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if you have to paint the whole thing, check out the "black granite" they have on the new malibu... it's black with metal flake

Kaimana

Reaction score
Dont ask me why I was reading this magazine called "Heavy Hitters", but I was. . .haha. Its basically a mag documenting the rich but not so famous, their cars, and high end automotive trends. They said that the hot trend is the flat black look. It does looks hot, but it devalues your car greatly. They also added that they can't see this trend continuing for much longer because of this fallback. Just be aware that if you get flat black you may have to deal with this!

TaHeezy4Sheezy

Reaction score
Dont ask me why I was reading this magazine called "Heavy Hitters", but I was. . .haha. Its basically a mag documenting the rich but not so famous, their cars, and high end automotive trends. They said that the hot trend is the flat black look. It does looks hot, but it devalues your car greatly. They also added that they can't see this trend continuing for much longer because of this fallback. Just be aware that if you get flat black you may have to deal with this!

Exactly why I decided to go with gloss black!! Im glad I did!

noble

Reaction score
if ur gonna do flat black you might as well collect all the money from ur insurance company then go buy some black primer and do it yourself, you'll look like the ricers with the half way done body kits....

why is it that once a celeb does it then it makes it cool?

maybe you should do black w/ a light touch of metallic, (extremly light metallic)