What to do with my exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klassix

Reaction score
So I have a 96 tahoe with a vortec 350 which sounds like a complete ***** and I am stumped what would be the best thing to do with the exhaust to make it sound better. Right now it forms a Y and comes out with one tail pipe. I was pondering about ditching my cat, getting a set of 3" 50 series and making it into a full dual set up. Then I was thinking about adding headers but... Do I really NEED headers? ha ha .. What have you done? What sounds good? Got video/audio clips?

Klassix

Reaction score
I am mainly looking for sound. Performance isn't really a big thing aince I wont be racing the truck so do you think it would be worth it to get a catback?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, going with a flowmaster is the easiest way to make your truck sound insta-cool.
stay clear of the gibson, they arent as loud... but they are ok. I had one one and replaced it with 40 series flomwaster.
if yOU HAVE EXTRA CA$H, LOOK AT THE BORLA AND CORSA.
oops, not yelling... caps lock is breaking down... lol

ANd Black, is that a new avatar? what is that a backhoe?

Black96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
willamsport PA (college) souderton Pa ( home)
nah i uploaded it, its athe new johndeere D-series excavators, its a 350D, i work for a johndeere dealership back at home, i love them there so fun to drive around in, and there freakin big, but the 450D is alot larger the tracks are as tall as me, 5'10ish

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy crap. that sounds great. I wish I could have a job that involved monster machinery. cool stuff.